|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see AK-48 (PGW).
The AK-48 is a Primary weapon introduced in the 2.0.0 update.
It has a black, red, white, and grey body with a black skeleton stock, black handle, grey and white magazine, black and partly red scope, black and red barrel, and a grey under-barrel grenade launcher along with a laser sight that serves no use at the moment. It also has a 2X scope that can help you attack.
This weapon has little if any recoil and can be used at any range if the user can aim it accurately. This is best suitable for levels under 7.
- Circle your target and aim for the head for the best kill time and maximize your damage.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- Try to burst fire when engaging the enemy head-on (while your moving).
- Try to run and jump as fast as you can to avoid the line of fire. If you circle the player, you will likely exhaust their ammo supply.
- Pick off its users from long ranges
Have a long ranged weapon in your inventory, as well as a powerful melee.
- (Generally used in lower levels) This weapon provides its users with a decent fire rate, good capacity, and mobility, alongside average/moderate power in most situations. This weapon is universal, the scope allows this weapon to be used in most medium ranges and some long range situations. This weapon is a true primary and a weapon that would be your ideal choice for the most part of a match.
- Before the 8.0.0 update, it used to be in only Campaign, Deadly Games, and Arena with a damage stat of 3. Now it is buyable for 110 and has various upgrades.
- The AK-48 was replaced by the AK Mini in Arena, Campaign and Deadly Games.
- This weapon is based on the real world Russian Kalashnikov AK-47 Assault Rifle.
- Strangely unlike the real world version, where it has a high rate of fire, it fires a bit slowly for an automatic.
- It is one of the few weapons that change it's model when upgraded.
- This, however, was removed and now, this weapon only have one form, and that is the Up2 form.
- In the Armory, it is placed between the Swat Rifle and the Combat Rifle, and considering the three guns are all based on well-known guns (AK-47, FAMAS F1, M16A3), it suggests a rivalry between the three, and gives a player a choice for which known weapon that they want, even though they have different statistics. As the AK-48 have a slow but strong DPS, Swat rifle has a fast and sneaky gameplay but low DPS, finally the Combat Rifle is a balanced between the two. But one thing they share for an automatic gun is that all have a 4x scope.
- It was originally planned to be named AK-47, but due to copyright reasons its AK-48.