|“||Use this adamant RPG. Each magazine contains 10 grenades which means there will be scorched ground after you finish.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Adamant Bomber is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 13.2.0 update.
This is an adamant-themed toy weapon. It has high damage, a good fire rate, high capacity, and high mobility.
It is a reskinned version of the Toy Bomber with Adamant armor-styled colors.
This weapon shoots red bombs that fly up after being released. After that, the bombs will bounce and ricochet off the objects. If the weapon's projectile hits an enemy or a teammate, it will produce a big blast without any specific effects. If a bomb hits the player's opponent, it will deal a high amount of damage to him/her. If weapon's projectile didn't hit anybody after some time of flying, it will just explode.
After shooting 10 times, the weapon will need to reload. While reloading, the player will open the magazine and put 5 bombs in it. Then, the magazine will be closed and it will be possible to shoot again. The reload animation is 5 seconds long.
This weapon doesn't have any delay mechanics and it can't produce a rocket jump.
- Attack enemies when they are in small and crowded areas.
- Shooting from above is recommended, due to the looping shots of this weapon.
- This gun is excellent in killing mobs in Co-op Survival since it nearly one shot-kills every single enemy in the mode. It is a powerful weapon if there is a lot of small crowds in the mode's maps.
- Use its mobility to your advantage.
- The player can also use the projectiles from the weapon to scout the way by firing some and charging up the weapon. If the enemy comes to that way, these projectiles will explode, doing a massive amount of damage to the enemy's health.
- Since this weapon's projectile bounces for a few seconds until it explodes, you can fire the projectile across the obstacles and the ball will bounce until it finds the target.
- In the clan siege mode, use the bomber on the area that is barricaded when the ram comes.
- Avoid the line of fire, as Adamant Bomber users can kill you in two shots.
- Attack the user while they're reloading.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
- Avoid small areas, as these are areas where Adamant Bomber users can destroy you in mere seconds.
- Be off the ground often.
- Strafe around and rocket-jump, as when you are airborne these projectiles have almost no chance of hitting you, due to the looping shot attribute. After you hit the ground, move away and kill the enemy with a Sniper weapon.
- Flanking the enemy is also a recommended strategy, but keep in mind that the projectiles can ricochet.
- Try to put some distance between you and the user and rocket jump often.
Equip a long-range weapon.
- Initial release.
- In the 13.5.0 update, this weapon's damage was buffed tremendously along with the other Adamant weapons. Before then it took 3 shots to kill a max-armored player, but now it only needs one projectile.
- However, it was reverted to a two-shot kill.
- It is based on Junkrat's Frag Launcher from Overwatch.
- This is often joked as a nooby weapon, considering the high fire rate, tied with high damage for such an area damage weapon.
- It is possible the whole gun could be made of Adamant, which is a legendary mine stone meaning undying determination in mythology.
- This weapon is an adamant re-skin of the Toy Bomber.