|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Anti-Hero Rifle (PGW).
The Anti-Hero Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 10.3.0 update. It is the first form of the Anti-Hero Rifle.
This weapon is a quite big sniper rifle with dark gray/black as the main color. Some details of the weapon are purple and green. There's also a big green crystal embedded in the gun. This material is probably Kryptonite, leading to the a Superman reference which is why it was named “Anti Hero Rifle”.
The Anti-Hero Rifle is a very efficient weapon and has large hitbox. As of the 15.1.2 update, this weapon became 1 head/ 2 body shots kill, for balance purposes (to compete with other overpowered sniper weapons).
- Aiming for the opponent's head is always recommended, but this weapon can damage the enemy badly with body shots, too.
- Its 10x scope makes it a devastating weapon from a long distance.
- It is possible to use this weapon for medium-range combat too. This technique requires more skills.
- The Anti-Hero Rifle Up2 shoots a laser capable of passing through walls. This is useful when the target hides in small shelters.
- This weapon has a very large hit box, similar to the Tactical Bow. It is recommended to noscope for easier kills at medium range.
- If you hit someone with the anti-hero rifle, chances are the enemy is at low health. Finish the enemy off using a primary weapon.
- Use this with X-ray weapons, you can switch to the x-ray pistol, then to anti-hero and shoot it hoping that it hits.
- Use a shotgun, sub machine-gun or assault rifle to take him or her out from close range. This weapon is not good at close range. Be aware of skilled players, for they can annihilate you regardless of the range.
- Using explosive weapons will make the enemy fall from his/her sniping area or disorient him/her. It could also kill him or her.
- Its lasers allows you and others to locate its users easily.
- Experienced users can easily noscope with this weapon, so prepare for evasive maneuvers.
- It's recommended to have a high mobility Melee weapon since the Anti-Hero Rifle Up1 makes you quite slow.
- A scoped/automatic to finish off the weakened opponent if took a direct hit from long range.
- Try rocket jumping while shooting to get extra points.
- The green crystal embedded in the weapon may be a reference to the Kryptonite, a fictional material from the Superman Universe that reduces the hero's strength and power.
- In PGW, there was a gun called the Cryptonic Blaster, which appeared to be the Back-Up equivalent of the Anti-Hero Rifle.
- The Anti-Champion Rifle seems to be the successor of this weapon.
- In the 16.2.0 update, the laser of this weapon appears to stay much shorter compared to before.
- Despite being graded Legendary, this is mostly used by players, same explanation from Ghost Lantern and the Prototype, as frequently used in Sniper Forts, making its grade Uncommon or Common.
- However, this fact could indicate that the Grades System is inaccurate.
- This weapon is the only weapon that can guarantee one-shot headshot (Except for the ignore-headshot damage chance for the Sniper Cape, Berserk Cape, etc.) a player with max armor without any damage-dealing accessories.
- A max armor loadout is; max Berserk Cape, Heavy Champion Armor, Burning Tiara, max Hitman Boots, and max Berserk Mask.
- Even though it seems as if its cheaper counterpart Prototype can also one-shot headshot enemies, it cannot kill players with the maxed-out armor loadout in that single headshot unlike how this weapon can.
- In the 12.5.3 update, the fire rate was reduced from 68 to 57 in the Armory, but the fire rate from the weapon itself was unchanged.