|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Anti-Hero Rifle (PGW).
The Anti-Hero Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 10.3.0 update. It is the first form of the Anti-Hero Rifle.
It is a superhero/kryptonite-themed sniper weapon that possesses a 10x scope. It shoots a green laser beam that can wall-break. It is a 1 shot kill anywhere when upgraded to maximum efficiency. It also has a low firing rate, average capacity, and low mobility.
This weapon is a quite big sniper rifle with dark gray/black as the main color. Some details of the weapon are purple (magazine) and green. There's also a big green crystal embedded in the gun. This material is probably Kryptonite, leading to a Superman reference which is why it was named “Anti Hero Rifle”.
When shooting, the gun, which is held with both of the player's hands, would emit a green laser beam with instant bullet travel time that deals high damage. It emits, at a low fire rate, six laser beams per magazine, and while spawning, two extra magazines are given. This laser beam can also go through walls and players, but the more walls it goes through, the lower the damage. It also has a 10x scope, which can be used for sniping in a long range and a large hitbox.
When reloading, the clip that is located on the bottom of the gun would be taken out and put back.
It outputs delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Reflector. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Aiming for the opponent's head is always recommended, but this weapon can damage the enemy badly with body shots, too.
- Its 10x scope makes it a devastating weapon from a long distance.
- It is possible to use this weapon for medium-range combat too. This technique requires more skills.
- This weapon has a very large hitbox, similar to the Tactical Bow. It is recommended to noscope for easier kills at medium range.
- Use a shotgun, submachine-gun or assault rifle to take him or her out from close range. This weapon is not good at close range. Be aware of skilled players, for they can annihilate you regardless of the range.
- Using explosive weapons will make the enemy fall from his/her sniping area or disorient him/her. It could also kill him or her.
- Its lasers allows you and others to locate its users easily.
- Experienced users can easily noscope with this weapon, so prepare for evasive maneuvers.
- It's recommended to have a high mobility Melee weapon.
- A scoped/automatic to finish off the weakened opponent if took a direct hit from long range.
- Try rocket jumping while shooting to get extra points.
This weapon is undoubtedly one of the most popular weapons in the game. When accessible to many players (like in the Armory at a cost that many players can afford), many players would want to buy it. It is often loved and wanted by many players, but others dislike it due to its performance and/or its popularity.
Some of the very old players originally used the Prototype because that is the first sniper to have a similar performance of being a sniper that shoots a laser that goes through walls. Then, when 10.3.0 came out, players started using this weapon, which has a similar performance to the Prototype. Then, when 13.2.0 came out, people started using the Anti-Champion Rifle, mainly because they assumed the champion reskin would be stronger.
The weapon's name indicates that it is a sniper rifle weak against heroes. "Anti-Hero" indicates kryptonite in this context and "rifle" indicates that it is a sniper rifle.
The fire rate was reduced from 68 to 57 in the Armory, but the fire rate from the weapon itself was unchanged.
In the 16.2.0 update, the laser of this weapon appears to stay much shorter compared to before.
- The green crystal embedded in the weapon may be a reference to the Kryptonite, a fictional material from the DC Universe that weakens Superman (also Supergirl)'s strength and dampens the Krytonian ability.
- In PGW, there was a gun called the Cryptonic Blaster, which appeared to be the Back-Up equivalent of the Anti-Hero Rifle.
- The Anti-Champion Rifle seems to be the successor of this weapon.
- Despite being graded Legendary, this is mostly used by players, same explanation from Ghost Lantern and the Prototype, as frequently used in Sniper Forts, making its grade Uncommon or Common.
- However, this fact could indicate that the Grades System is inaccurate.
- This weapon is the only weapon that can guarantee one-shot headshot (Except for the ignore-headshot damage chance for the Sniper Cape, Berserk Cape, etc.) a player with max armor without any damage-dealing accessories.
- Even though it seems as if its cheaper counterpart Prototype can also one-shot headshot enemies, it cannot kill players with the maxed-out armor loadout in that single headshot unlike how this weapon can.
- This weapon is used as the default weapon for the template of the weapon indication in the Trader's Van. The template also shows "Item Name" as the weapon name, a 100% sale and a real-life currency offer of $2.99, despite the 100% sale.