|“||Antivirus search for bugs, viruses, worms and other problems for your system. And a powerful zoom will let you see the registry errors clearly.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Antivirus is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 16.0.0 update.
It is a code-themed Sniper weapon and it has X-Ray Vision, Ricochet, and Piercing Shot. It deals high damage, with an higher-than-average fire rate, low ammo capacity, 4x scope, and decent mobility. Most of the time, it can one-shot max armored players.
It takes the appearance of a dark blue sniper rifle. It has a dark blue frame with a dark blue and gray pistol grip, scope, and a yellow connector on the underside of the barrel. In the middle, it has neon blue trim. The barrel of the weapon features 3 Rubik's cube pieces, with a binary code magazine embedded in the weapon's body. The cubes spin slowly when the weapon is idle.
When fired, it fires a laser of neon-green binary code, which will ricochet off of objects. Its appearance is akin to the Laser Bouncer.
When fired, the cubes spin faster before turning back into their normal spin speed.
The player, holding this weapon with both hands, shoots multiple bluish bullets with Piercing Shot and Ricochet capabilities. Moreover, it has X-Ray Vision and a Scope, although the attribute is hidden in the Armory.
When reloading, the coding cube is taken out and replaced with another one. It outputs delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Reflector. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Aim for the head to maximize its damage.
- Use a high fire rate weapon with this weapon.
- Use it similarly to the Third Eye, but with the Ricochet attribute.
- Use this on tight corridors to hit many enemies, due to its Piercing Shot and Ricochet attributes.
- Use the scope when engaging enemies from a long-range.
- It has the X-Ray vision attribute. You can use it to detect hidden enemies easier.
- If you are skilled enough, you can use the X-Ray attribute to find a target then switch to a wall-break weapon such as the Thunderer.
- Recent updates have prohibited the usage of weapons obtained by campaign in multiplayer, but this weapon can still be used in multiplayer, being obtained from the Trader's Van.
- If caught in a sniper duel, take time to aim first.
- Strife while jumping to minimize the chances of getting hit.
- Shotguns and weapons with area damage make quick work of users.
- Take advantage of this weapon's reload time to attack the user.
- The lasers can be traced back to the user, use this to locate where the user is firing from.
- Avoid engaging users in tight corridors due to the weapon's advantage of bouncing off walls.
- Hiding is fine since the bullets do not have the wall-break attribute. Be aware of the positions of a user at all times, and be aware that the user can still see you, even if they can't damage you.
- Use a fast-firing weapon for closer encounters, such as the Secret Forces Rifle
- Equip a powerful Heavy to kill users quickly, such as the Spark Shark
- It is recommended to use a Melee weapon with high mobility to travel quickly around the map
- Also, you can equip a transportation weapon such as the Pulling Sucker Gun to out-maneuver opponents
- Initial release.
- This weapon along with the System Admin, Flash Drive, Disconnector, Network Streamer, and BIG DATA were released in the 16.0.0 update and are parts of the Digital/Code/Cubic set.
- This is the only weapon in the Code set that dissolves its victims in its set match green.
- This weapon is dropped upon defeating C.A.K.E in the Teleportal level of Campaign.
- This is the third weapon having an X-Ray Vision attribute.