|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
The Armor is a piece of equipment added in the 8.1.0 update and has various upgrades. Its primary use is to protect its user from damage sources. As of 16.2.0, individual upgrades for armour do not need to be bought, rather armour will upgrade to the maximum allowed for the user if an upgrade is attempted.
|Name||Image||Level unlocked||Power capacity|
|Newbie Armor||Given after the tutorial||0|
|Light Wooden Armor||1||5|
|Medium Wooden Armor||4||5|
|Heavy Wooden Armor||7||5|
|Light Steel Armor||9||10|
|Medium Steel Armor||12||10|
|Heavy Steel Armor||14||15|
|Light Golden Armor||16||15|
|Medium Golden Armor||19||20|
|Heavy Golden Armor||22||20|
|Light Crystal Armor||24||25|
|Medium Crystal Armor||27||25|
|Heavy Crystal Armor||30||30|
|Light Ruby Armor||32||30|
|Medium Ruby Armor||35||35|
|Heavy Ruby Armor||38||35|
|Light Adamant Armor||40||40|
|Medium Adamant Armor||43||40|
|Heavy Adamant Armor||46||45|
|Light Champion Armor||48||45|
|Medium Champion Armor||51||50|
|Heavy Champion Armor||54||55|
As of 16.2.0, instead of counting its durability, its power capacity is counted. However, the armor percentage does increase after buying every upgrade of the armor. Moreover, after reaching a new level, the power capacity of armor increases of 1. Since the maximum level is 55, the maximum power capacity is 55.
There are six modules used for armor:
- Armor Kinetic Module: It increases kinetic defense.
- Armor Magic Module: It increases magic defense.
- Armor Energy Module: It increases energy defense.
- Accelerator: It increases movement speed.
- Repair Kit: It introduces armor regeneration, and the more upgraded it is, the lower the regeneration time.
- Camouflage: It introduces hiding distance, and the more upgraded it is, the lower the hiding distance is.
Like any weapon, the armor has 3 slots in which the modules can be inserted to. However, unlike the weapons, armor doesn't have any unique ability for a module combination like the Oracle, the Explosive Ammo or the Stone Skin.
- Armor and helmet armor points worked separately in multiplayer. Armor only defended against body shots and helmet defended against head shots. Armor points added by pickups will be added to the general pool, and monster damage will also hit the general armor point pool.
- Originally there were 3 different armors: the Iron Miner Armor, the Golden Miner Armor and the Crystal Miner Armor. They were purchasable separately.
- There was a glitch for some people where they couldn’t upgrade armor.
- Armor will have pieces of the next armor type's main material. For example, if the player has wooden armor of any level upgrade, they will see it has pieces of iron on it. And iron will have gold on it. Ruby armor has three materials; Ruby (main material), diamond and adamant. This also was visible for helmets.
- However, Adamant Armor didn't have too much red and didn't even have light gray or black, which are the main colors for its successor, Champion Armor.
- Champion weapons were added later (the Champion Peacemaker, the Champion Solar Cannon, the Anti-Champion Rifle, the Champion Electric Arc and the Champion Mercenary) after the introduction of the Champion Armor.
- The Adamant Armor was initially a rentable piece of equipment, introduced in 9.3.0 update. However, it was removed from the Android version of the game in a minor update and never introduced in iOS devices. The adamant armor was reintroduced in 10.0.0 as an upgrade of the ruby armor for both iOS and Android.
- As of the 10.3.0 update, the helmet was removed and was replaced by masks. Making the body part of the armor the only armor piece in the game.
- Between the 10.4.0 update and the 11.4.0 updates, players got Light Wooden Armor for free after completing the tutorial. Players are also rewarded with 5, 10, 15 and a Sniper Rifle.
- However, in the 12.0.0 update, Newbie Armor was introduced and was earned as a temporary item.
- Newbie Armor looked like Heavy Ruby Armor until 12.5.0.
- Newbie Armor looks different from its PC counterpart.
- In the 12.1.0 update, the Pixel Gun Company added a minor feature which automatically upgrades the armor into its heavy form once a player reaches a certain level.
- In the 12.5.0 update, champion armor was added, the graphics of the first few armor sets were modified and the durability was multiplied along with the weapon damage.
- However, in the 12.5.3 update, the durability multiplier has been reverted, but not the champion armor itself nor the modified look of the armor.
- When the armor is unequipped, picking armor pickups used to put the armor even when it is unequipped. Now, picking up armor would have its sound effect, but will not give extra armor.
- Pro league is the only league that dont have an armour