|“||Shotguns in the future have bigger magazines and a better reload magazine. See, two-barreled guns will never go out of fashion.||”|
—Assault Shotgun's description in the Gallery
The Assault Shotgun is a Primary weapon introduced in the 12.0.0 update.
This is a type Sci-Fi themed Primary that contains gray, green and brown colors in it. When a shot from this weapon hits your opponent, he/she will get some damage without any special effects. This weapon has good damage, not bad fire rate, low capacity (compensates with fast reload time), and average mobility.This weapon has the ability to kill enemy players in 2 headshots. The damage depends on how close the player shoots the enemy.
It has some similarities to a sawed-off shotgun. However, the barrels are silver and have 3 light green stripes at each barrel, a green and brown part between both barrels, a brown grip, a white trigger, and a silver and green shoulder stock.
This shotgun shoots multiple regular-looking bullets in a spread with instant bullet travel time. It can perform best at close range due to its wide spread. It has no other added attributes that ameliorate its performance.
When reloading, the player opens the barrels, the bullets are taken out, the player inserts new bullets and closes the barrels. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use at close range, since it's a shotgun.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- It has a decent capacity, but it's best rather burst firing in order to save capacity.
- Do not use this at long range.
- Consider its mobility. It has good mobility, but it is rather best wielding a weapon with better mobility like the Katana.
- Use this in close-ranged maps like Pool Party for its ideal usage.
- Play in long-ranged maps often.
- Simply move and strafe to dodge the bullets.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick its users off.
- Jump and move in random patterns. If you do this, the enemy can't really get a clear shot nor aim perfect at you. This can save you from being hit by a headshot.
Any close-ranged map.
Equip a long ranged weapon like the Prototype.
- (For levels: 12) This is (was, this is because of it being nerfed in the recent updates) one of the most powerful shotguns in the game, having high damage and a decent fire rate with a relatively good capacity, any shotgun-based player can easily kill anything. However, since this is limited to short-range combat, equip a good medium-long ranged weapon. (e.g.: Mercenary paired with a Sniper, such as the Laser Crossbow).
This weapon could damage the speaker of the player's device. So it is advised to lower the volume.
This weapons firing sound was fixed.
- This weapon is based on both the Shotgun from Quake 3 Arena and the Scattergun in Team Fortress 2.
- This could possibly be a hybrid of the Heavy Shotgun and the Dual Shotguns.