|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Big Buddy (PGW).
The Big Buddy is a weapon introduced in the 6.0.5. update. It is located in the Heavy section of the Armory. It is the first form of the Big Buddy. It was removed after an unknown update and can only be obtained by special event chests or the Trader's Van.
It is a large, black, hand-held cannon that directly shoots black bombs with a blast radius and high damage. It has large damage, a low fire rate, low capacity and low mobility.
This weapon is a giant and cumbersome cannon, with a black happy face with a yellow and red ring surrounding it on the sides, resembling an explosion. There is a small lit fuse on top. At the bottom of the cannon, there is an unused base with 4 wheels on it.
- The Big Buddy is best for medium-ranges, where the opponent is trapped in a tight space.
- If the player is attacking with the Big Buddy in short range, the player should be careful as to not inflict self-explosion damage.
- Try to stay as close as possible to your opponent, as it can deal insane damage within short range.
- Due to its low mobility, it makes the user's mobility encumbered, a weapon with a higher mobility can be used when moving.
- Use the Singular Grenade to pull enemies together and kill them together with this weapon.
- The weapon has a slow-moving projectile, resulting in it being best used for close-medium range combat (although if used too close can instantly kill the user also.)
- One should NEVER rocket-jump with this weapon as this will take out a huge chunk of their armor and health and/or kill the user as well.
- This weapon has one of the slowest firing rates in the game, try to equip a high-damaging weapon like State Defender to hold off enemies while your rearming this cannon.
- Along side the slow firing rate it also has a sluggish reload time, don't reload unless it's safe to.
- If the player sees a user firing at them from a distance, be warned, it's usually a one-shot kill, depending on the health and armor.
- Pick off its users from long ranges, as these users are key targets to be taken out.
- Due to its hefty mobility, rapid firing weapons can easily deal heavy damage to the user while area damage weapons disorient their aim.
- Always be strafing. That low fire rate is a big disadvantage for its users.
- Attack the user with a shotgun, melee or any ranged weapons when they are reloading, as CONSTANT reloads keeps the user very vulnerable to any attacks.
- While attacking, stay airborne due to the area damage.
- It is recommended to use double jump boots and other wear that makes you jump higher.
Train Depot or other likewise maps.
Since the Big Buddy can hold only 3 cannonballs in the weapon itself and every time the player fires the Big Buddy the fuse has to be re-lit, the Big Buddy is better for players with lower grade armor. If you happen to encounter a player with higher grade armor, if they are jumping around, use that to your advantage by firing at the ground when they land, causing the opponent to take major explosion damage if done correctly.
- The player carries the Big Buddy even though it has wheels on the bottom of the base.
- At the side of the Big Buddy, there is a logo, which resembles the logo of the Serious Sam series.
- The Big Buddy has the least amount of mobility in the game, with a mobility of 85.
- It is recommended that you switch to a much lighter weapon when running and switch back to it when needed since this weapon has the lowest mobility and weight in all of Pixel Gun 3D.
- There is a possibility of it to return to Pixel Gun 3D since the Pixel Gun Company has talked about which classic weapons should be back into the game.
- In the 10.1.0 update, this weapon was removed.
- This weapon used to be Common. However, quite ironically, it has been changed into a grade of Legendary after it's removal.
- For owners and other players seeing this weapon and its upgrades were identical to the Apocalypse physically, but it's original stats are still intact.
- In the 12.1.0 update, this weapon has been added back temporarily and can be won from the Super chest along with other removed weapons.
- The inventory icon of the Big Buddy is identical to its Pixel Gun World's icon.
- This weapon has the second lowest fire rate of any weapon in the game, with a fire rate of 15, only being beaten by the Circus Cannon, with a fire rate of 14.
- This was added back during the Pixel Gun 3D birthday traders van only for a limited time.
- It is still a one shot if you directly hit the player for about 90% of the time.