The Black Mark is a Throwing gadget introduced in the 11.1.0 update.
It looks like a black and white coin with a skull on it, and the back of the coin has the colors inverted.
Throw this to a player, and the victim will get a black mark effect. If you kill a black marked player, you will gain an extra 100 points for doing so. A black mark logo emblem will appear on the top of a player if that player is black-marked.
- Throw it at a player, then kill that player as soon as possible.
- Otherwise, other players may kill the player and get the points, or the black mark might expire.
- When you see a player with a Black Mark emblem on the top of him/her, kill that player as fast as you can to gain points.
- Due to how the point system is used for determining a winner, it is useful in Duels by giving the user a point advantage over his/her opponent.
- This is good for Deathmatch because you get point advantage.
- Try to not throw one on a skilled player, as it will make it harder to get the points. Throw it on to a lower skilled player so it is quite easy to reap the points.
- Try to avoid getting marked by jumping/strafing around.
- When you get black-marked, try to get killed by a player with a low score.
- Try to stay alive until the black mark status expires.
- If you have points to spare, suicide to avoid letting the opponent gain points.
- It is the only gadget that can give the user extra points.
- This is one of three Throwing gadgets that do not inflict any damage to enemies, the others being the Sticky Candy and the Singular Grenade.