Block Crash is a minigame (formerly a mode), introduced in the 12.0.0 update. It turned into a mode in the 12.1.0 update. It moved back to a minigame in the 15.0.0 update. It still allows coin and experience rewards, but the acquisition of trophies is no longer possible.
How to Play
Prior to the 12.1.0 update
In 4 minutes, a player has to fight against 4 other players, using their paintball weapons. Players need to stay on the clean blocks. Staying on painted, or heavily painted blocks will make other players have the chance to take these players down, using their weapon. A block breaks once it gets painted 3 times.
Between the 12.1.0 and 12.2.0 updates
The time is still the same, however, the player will now use their Heavy weapon. Different heavy weapons have different blast radius and strengths. For example, the Ghost Lantern and Soul Stone can destroy blocks in an instant while the bulk of the said weapons takes 2 shots to break blocks. Other weapons can take a few hits to break, for example the Signal Pistol. Some can’t even break it like the Alien Cannon and its counterpart.
After the 12.5.0 update
Same rules as the previous mode ones. The last player still standing wins. If no players die and time runs out, the player with the most points wins. Destroying 1 block gives you 1 point. You don't get points for destroying half on the block's durability.
There is only one map in this mode:
The ground is replaced with destroyable blocks and lava beneath.
All Heavy weapons are permitted, giving different ways to destroy blocks, such as removing them within their blast radius or removing them accurately. Weapons on categories different from Heavy are not permitted. Gadgets and Pets are disabled.
Recommended weapons are usually rocket jumping weapons, that can also destroy blocks beneath them in one shot. Blocks are easier to break on lower levels, but you'll need stronger weapons when you reach higher ones. Jump then immediately shoot below you. This will blast you up, reducing the chances of falling into the lava.
Here are some weapons suggestions you might want to use:
- Destruction System
- Storm of All Seas
- Offensive Fireworks
- Invincible Lion
- Aboard Puncher
- Apocalypse (PG3D)
- Ice Club
- Ghost Lantern or Soulstone
- Gem Power
- Earth Spike Spell
- Stinger 3000
- Royal Ashbringer
- Automatic Decorator
- Rocket Hands
- Torpedo Launcher
- Aboard Puncher
Here are some strategies to quickly win games of Block Crash:
- Try to bring a weapon which you can Rocket Jump with to reduce the chances of falling into the lava.
- Do not use automatic/laser weapons such as the Dragon Breath or the Hippo. They do not have area damage and breaks blocks one-at-a-time at a slow rate.
- Try to predict where people will land when they Rocket Jump. Shoot the block which they are about to land on and they will fall straight down in the lava.
- Jump around a lot when reloading so people can't shoot you down.
- If you can, try not to use flashy weapons like the Destruction System, Firestarter, Storm of All Seas too often, as other players may swarm you due to you being a bigger threat. Experienced players are not immune to being bombarded with rockets.
- Make use of any time an opponent stands still. Immediately seek them out and destroy the block they're standing on. It's quite likely that they're switching to a better weapon, so you need to put them down immediately.
- Unaware players may think that camping in the corners is a good idea. Do not feel bad for them, you are here to win.
- Good controling also matters, as you can fall into the lava when you are dodging projectiles if you aren't skilled enough.
There are 3 points exclusive to this minigame:
- Man Down: Adds 1500 points to all of the players standing, if a player fell down.
- Timer Bonus: Varies. It appears to the last player standing.
- Destroying a block: this won't show on screen but still counts. Destroying a block gives you 1 point. This will be useful when time runs out or players die at the same time.
See Points System for the full article.
- There is a bug where when the player joins, the mode is Deathmatch, and the player can use their full inventory and gadgets.
- If the first shot you fire is a Rocket Jump, it will not break the blocks.
- This game mode bears a resemblance to the Minecraft minigame Spleef.
- This has the smallest amount of maps out of any game mode (not including mini-games).
- In the new 15.0.0 update, this gamemode has been moved into the "Minigames" sections..
- The 12.1.0 update changed the minigame significantly:
- In a recent update, the rewards have been decreased.
- The game used to recommend the Void Ray Rifle as a recommended gun if you didn't have it, even though it is not a weapon of the heavy category.
- It is no longer being recommended since the "recommended weapons" feature was removed.
- A few updates after Block Crash was moved to minigames, the picture for the minigame was an old version of block crash (Block Crash version prior to the 12.1.0 update). This might be a sign by Cubic.Games that they will be replacing the current version to the old version.
- Which also might bring back the paintball weapons.
- It’s the fastest way to get coins and keys.