|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes the Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Chainsaw (PGW).
|“||With the help of the chainsaw you can stop any apocalypse. Or free a Red Hood,||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Chainsaw (previously known as the "Laser Chainsaw"), is a Melee weapon introduced in the early versions of PG3D.
It is a blue chainsaw that damages opponents in close range. It deals moderate damage, has high attack speed and mobility.
It is a miniaturized chainsaw, but the chain is glowing with energy. It is mostly blue with a silver-colored steel part. It also has a black handle.
The player slightly swings the chainsaw to attack the opponent in close range. Despite its Chainsaw attribute, it doesn't bleed the player.
Similar to many other melee-weapons, it does not have any delay mechanics.
- This weapon makes a very loud noise so do not needlessly use it so you will not alert your foes.
- Strafe around the foe while attacking.
- The weapon glows, meaning that you should switch to a non-glowing weapon when hiding in the darkness.
- Jump out of the way and avoid the user.
- If attacked from behind, try to retaliate at a small distance.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Shotguns and area damage weapons can make short work of its users.
Try to use this weapon with a pistol or a small machine gun, to chase fast or retreating targets.
- Initial release. It was previously known as the "Laser Chainsaw".
- Its name was changed from "Laser Chainsaw" to "Chainsaw".
- Its predecessor called the "Tiny Chainsaw" was removed in this update for unknown reasons.
- The noise is similar to the Dragon Breath.
- It was previously called the Laser Chainsaw.
- Because of previously being the Laser Chainsaw, when a player kills another player, the player dies in a fashion the way all energy weapons share, such as the Prototype.
- After an update, all the death animations were gone and replaced by the 'default' one.
- This weapon, along with the Chainsaw Sword, are the only weapons with the "Chainsaw" property prior to the introduction of Meat Grinder in 12.1.0 update.
- When killing the player, they will emit blue smoke and disappear, similar explanation from the Alien Gun, Freeze Ray Rifle, Sub-zero, and Mercenary.