|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
The Chainsaw is a Melee weapon introduced in the early versions of PG3D.
It is a miniaturized chainsaw, but the chain is glowing with energy. It is mostly blue with a silver-colored steel part. It also has a black handle.
The Chainsaw is a nice weapon for beginning players. It deals moderate damage and has high attack speed and mobility making it an effective weapon. It can be used to rush to your enemy quickly due to its high mobility. However, it becomes ineffective on higher-level matches, unless it is upgraded to the player's current level.
- This weapon makes a very loud noise so do not needlessly use it so you will not alert your foes.
- Strife around the foe while attacking.
- The weapon glows, meaning that you should switch to a non-glowing weapon when hiding in the darkness.
- Jump out of the way and avoid the user.
- If attacked from behind, try to retaliate at a small distance.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Shotguns and area damage weapons can make short work of its users.
Try to use this weapon with a pistol or a small machine gun, to chase fast or retreating targets.
- The noise is similar to the Dragon Breath.
- It was previously called the Laser Chainsaw.
- Because of previously being the Laser Chainsaw, when a player kills another player, the player dies in a fashion the way all energy weapons share, such as the Prototype.
- After an update, all the death animations were gone and replaced by the 'default' one.
- Its predecessor called the Tiny Chainsaw, was removed in the 8.0.0 update for unknown reasons.
- This weapon, along with the Chainsaw Sword, are the only weapons with the "Chainsaw" property prior to the introduction of Meat Grinder in 12.1.0 update.
- When killing the player, they will emit blue smoke and disappear, similar explanation from the Alien Gun, Freeze Ray Rifle, Sub-zero, and Mercenary.