The Chainsaw Sword is a Melee weapon introduced in the 10.4.0 update.
The Chainsaw Sword looks like a chainsaw with orange linings combined with a sword, along with barbs facing in a forward direction.
This weapon is very good at close ranges attacks with high damage.
- This weapon, based on the stats, is extremely powerful. With the stats showing a high efficiency, combined with an attack speed of 96, this can kill a Heavy Adamant Armor player in a few seconds.
- You may want to keep a higher mobility weapon equipped, as the mobility is only 110.
- You can also pair this with the Berserk Boots to go faster, as it has an attribute that makes players go faster with Melee weapons
- This weapon deals damage constantly (Hence the "Chainsaw" Attribute), so chasing players down while holding down the "fire" button is a good way to kill players.
- If at all possible, try to snipe the user with a long range weapon, such as the Prototype. As this is a melee weapon, the user cannot hit you from anything above close range.
- If you own the Storm Hammer or Fire Orb, use it if enountered in a knifefight. The Chainsaw Sword and its upgrades can only hit point-blank in front of it, while the Storm Hammer and Fire Orb has a very tiny area damage in front of it is slightly easier to land the hit.
- Great Survival Tip: The Chainsaw Sword makes an extremely loud sputtering sound, so you know when a user is nearby.
- It is also not the fastest weapon in the game, use the Dark/Elder Force Saber to out maneuver and outrun him/her and then attack him/her from a distance.
Try to get some far-ranged weapons paired along with this weapon, since when facing a tough enemy at far-range, you will need a distance weapon to attack them without being noticed.
- It is somewhat based off of the Ripper from the Fallout series.
- The Chainsaw Doctor actually wields this weapon, though it does not deal as much devastating damage as the original.
- It was given the Bleeding attribute in the 11.2.0 update.
- It use to be the fastest firing melee, but was nerfed, Making its fire rate same as the Chainsaw.