|“||Everything the true Champion requires is the power of the Sun. With its energy, your enemies will be burnt to ashes and the temperature outside will rise slightly.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Champion Solar Cannon is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 13.2.0 update.
It is a black and red solar cannon that shoots red solar bombs. It has a slow fire rate, large capacity, and average mobility. It has single shots and area damage attributes.
This weapon is a reskin version of the Solar Power Cannon, only replaced with "Champion Colors."
This weapon has a white and grey body with 3 red crystal on the top, a silver grip, a grey stock with 2 dark red stripes, a grey energy cell with red detail on it, and a red and white muzzle.
This weapon shoots a red, circular particle with bullet travel time that has a medium sized explosion on impact. It has area damage, so shooting on the ground in close range near the player makes fighting with this weapon easier.
When reloading, the clip is taken out from this weapon and is replaced by another. It has fixed delay, which means that whenever the player switches to this weapon, there is a delay before using it.
This weapon has insanely high power, it has a relatively normal firing rate, a medium-capacity, and medium mobility. This weapon is 1-2 rockets kill for Max-Armored opponents.
- This weapon is a 2 shot kill, meaning you could use this to finish off weakened opponents.
- Fire at the opponent's feet to take full advantage of its area damage.
- DO NOT ever rocket jump unless you have spawn protection. It does not launch you high up in the sky first of all. Second of all, it will take away all your armor points and a big chunk of your health points if you hit yourself.
- This weapon should not be used in open areas such as nuclear city, and should not be used against double-jumping opponents or opponents with a Jetpack, as this weapon have a very slow bullet travel time.
- This weapon is a great weapon to use in block crash because it instantly destroys blocks in a 3x3 radius.
- Use this at meduim ranges is recommened.
- Use a fast-firing weapon to shred your opponents after they get hit by this weapon.
- Use the Jetpack, double jump, or rocket jump. This weapon is very deadly and you have a good chance of dying if you are hit.
- Use another high damage area damage weapon such as the Christmas Ultimatum, Big Buddy, Circus Cannon, and Destruction System. If things get worst, use this weapon against the user.
- Pick off its users at long range using a sniper.
- At close range, get extremely close and use a melee or flamethrower so the opponent will be forced to take damage from their own weapon.
- Strafe around so it is harder for the opponent to hit you.
Bring a sniper rifle to kill enemies at long range to weaken them. Also bring a rapid-firing weapon, along with a moderate damage weapon (preferably Portable Death Moon) to deal with bullet spammers.
This weapon is undoubtedly one of the most popular weapons in the game. When accessible to many players (like in the Armory or in the Trader's Van at a cost that many players can afford), many players would want to buy it. It is often loved and wanted by many players, but others dislike it due to its performance and/or its popularity. The people who didn't like this weapon requested to the developers to remove this weapon from the Armory, and they successfully did so, making it only available in the Trader's Van.
Some of the very old players originally used the Anti-Gravity Blaster and/or the Solar Power Cannon because they were the first to have a similar performance. Then, when 13.2.0 came out, people started using this, mainly because they assumed the champion reskin would be stronger.
It was removed from the Armory.
Added into the Trader's Van at the cost of 450.
In a recent update, this weapon's projectiles and explosion effect changed. However, this weapon still remains quite powerful. A short fixed delay was also added.
- It is one of the champion themed re-skins released in the 13.2.0 update. The other champion themed weapons are the Champion Peacemaker, the Champion Mercenary, the Champion Electric Arc and the Anti-Champion Rifle.
- The skull on the ammo clip of this weapon also appears to be similar to the skulls on the Dual Machine Guns and the Emperor’s Servants.
- This is the only weapon in the game with its own unique impact sound. This is the same for the Judge and also Smart Bullet Bazooka.