|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
- For the the map of the same name, see Checkmate (Map).
The Checkmate is a Primary weapon introduced in the 16.6.0 update. It can be obtained from completing all 6 challenges of the Chess Season Battle Pass.
Each weapon has a light blue/white body with a golden trim on the sides. Each weapon also features a white trigger, a white/golden crown on top, a blue magazine with a white/golden mag plate, and a short white barrel.
- It is basically a 2~3 shot kill weapon (without critical damage).
- It is recommended to use these at close range only as it performs the best due to the somewhat wide spread of the pellets.
- Because of the bullet spread, try avoiding using this weapon in longer-ranged battles, as it will deal little if any.
- This weapon can be used against melee users, backpedal while firing to avoid getting hit by them.
- Both the Critical Damage and Bleeding attributes are useful for dealing additional damage that could potentially kill in a few shots.
- It doesn't have the best mobility, so equip a high mobility melee weapon when traversing around the map.
- Try sneaking up on enemies to catch them off guard.
- One can use this shotgun at very close range to severely weaken an enemy, then follow up with a melee attack.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Flank around the user with a melee weapon and quickly attack them.
- Avoiding getting too close to the user, back off while firing to minimize damage taken.
- If possible, try to waste the user's ammo, then attack while they are reloading.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick up its users.
- Attack its users from behind, so he will have less time allowance to react.
The player should come equipped with a long ranged weapon, as the weapon doesn't deal much damage at long ranges.
- It is the first shotgun-based weapon that features a critical damage attribute.
- In the lobby (16.6.1), the small hats floating on the gun are flipped the wrong way.