|“||When you are hit with this weapon it isn't even unpleasant. Because the cherry explosions smell delicious.||”|
—Weapon’s description in Gallery
It is a red-violet pistol that shoots explosive cherries. It has good damage, a high fire rate, good capacity, and low mobility.
It has a large red gun base with a large white clip under it. There is a picture of a cherry on the clip and lined up on the gun itself. The cherries on the gun appear darker in order to contrasts with their background. There seems to be an armrest/stock on the handle. The 2x scope is visible on top of the gun.
The Cherry Bomb is a mid-range has a capacity of 6 with 12 starting ammunition in reserve that can be maxed out to hold a total of 36 grenades. It shoots cherry bombs that have the looping shot attribute, which means bombs that have an arc trajectory and medium bullet travel time. On impact, they have a medium-sized explosive blast radius and leave a red-violet smoky trail while traveling. Moreover, this weapon possesses a 2x scope, mainly to aim at the enemies more accurately. It fires at a rate faster than many other explosive weapons making it an overall useful weapon.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip of cherry bombs and replaces it with another one, then spins the cherry on the top. It has no delay mechanics.
- When firing this gun, you must take into consideration the fact that the projectiles fired do not fire straight but rather arc downwards slightly, and you must therefore calculate where the explosive will land and aim accordingly.
- Since this gun has area damage, it could potentially damage the user so it is advised to jump around frequently to avoid self-damage.
- Despite having a limited range, it is still possible to fire upwards with this gun so that the projectiles can travel further but will however take longer to land.
- It is advisable to use this against groups of enemies to benefit from the area damage.
- Take advantage of its limited range and attack from a high point. If your position is much higher than they will not be able to use this gun against you as the projectiles will not be able to reach.
- Avoid being near to its users as its damage is enough to heavily damage you.
- Pick off its users from long ranges while still unsuspected.
Equip a long-ranged weapon, in case if you are experiencing trouble in long-range fighting.
It was buffed.
It was removed from the Armory.
It was brought back.
- The Cherry Bomb, along with the Sparkly Blaster and Dead Star, were the winners of the Facebook weapon contest.
- It was created by a Facebook user named Cherry Haze.
- One of the idle animations is looking down the barrel, which doesn't really follow the rules of muzzle awareness.
- There is a type of firecracker called a Cherry Bomb in reality.
- This weapon may also be a reference to Plants VS Zombies, as there is a cherry bomb in that game.
- One odd thing is that the cherry on top of the weapon obscures the 2x sight, which makes the sight useless, although its users can still scope without complications.