The Chipping Whip is a Melee weapon introduced in the 16.1.0 update.
It appears as a purple, segmented whip with a black base and handle. The whip constantly sparks with purple electricity.
From a third person view, a purple damage sphere will surround the user, dealing damage to any enemy that comes close.
When the whip is swung, it will create an electric blast in front of the user.
- This is a melee weapon, so it is best to use it in close-range maps.
- Take into the fact that it has the Damage Sphere attribute, so try to swing it into a group of enemies. However, do remember that even though this is an area damage weapon so you would still need to aim at your enemy.
- Use this to mow down heavily armored players due to its high damage per second.
- In melee versus melee combat in a choke point, it is recommended to move forward while in the swinging animation and move back while the lightning is coming out. This allows for multiple enemies to be hit and you can't be chased as there is a high chance someone was behind you and could be finished off.
- Due to its area damage attribute, it is effective for keeping other melee users away from you..
- Equip the Berserk Boots and Berserk Cape to maximize mobility speed.
- The sphere makes one stand out from a distance, therefore avoid open areas and areas where snipers are present.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotgun weapons decimate users at close range.
- Fire contact detonator rounds to the ground so whenever he tries to spam this melee weapon, surely he will commit hara-kiri in trying to chase you.
- When caught in a melee battle, try striking the user first, backpedal, then strike again until the user dies.
- Try running and jumping while attacking to avoid getting hit by the user's attacks, especially from the area damage attacks.
- The sphere makes the user stand out from a distance, this can be useful for tracking down the user and for striking first.
Have a weapon with a longer range if engaged in long ranged combat.
- It is part of the Portalius Set.