|“||The winds of winter know no mercy. This gun does AoE ice damage, freezing and dealing damage to your enemies. People say that the Ice Queen herself was participating in the creation of this weapon.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It appears to be a Sci-Fi themed weapon that's mostly blue and gray.
It has good damage, a medium fire rate, a good capacity, and a fast mobility. It used to be 3 shots with bleeding, but now it's 2 shots because the grade is now Legendary, so it got a damage buff.
- Use it like any other contact detonator weapons.
- Take advantage of the Bleeding attribute as it damages players over time.
- Use it in medium range only as it has looping shots.
- Like most contact detonator weapons, it is useful for luring area damage Melee spammers into traps.
- Use this weapon to set traps in small spaces.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Strafe around so you don't get hit.
- Do not go into small spaces where this weapon's projectiles might be rigged.
Bring any long ranged weapon.
- The Cryolator is released into the game.
- It is the only Special weapon that resembles a carbine or shotgun, due to the overall design.
- Despite the name, it doesn't have the Slow Down Target attribute.