|“||In the age of modern Cubic technologies Cupid doesn't use a bow in his daily life anymore - it is completely impractical. He hang it on the wall though, as it reminds him of sweet o' days of his youth.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Cupid's Bow is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 10.1.0 update.
It is a bow with a little bit of colors on it, and heart-shaped tips on each end of the bow. Also, a heart-tipped arrow.
It has low damage, medium rate of fire, very low capacity, and average mobility.
- Be stealthy with this weapon since it has area damage, which can reveal where you are.
- Use this weapon from long ranges.
- Pick off weakened targets with this weapon due to its poor damage.
- Watch where the arrows come from, as it gives the location of the user.
- It doesn't pose much threat as it has low damage. But avoid its users if you are severely wounded and/or weakened armor.
- Don't stop dodging, jumping and shooting its user at the same time.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Initial release.
- The weapon was relocated to the Sniper category.
- Players in a Sandbox match can utilize all Sandbox weapons for free, including this one.
- The feature was reverted. Players must buy all the Sandbox weapons in order to use them in Sandbox.
- This weapon is the only weapon in the Primary section that has the Melee interface.
- However, the weapon is relocated to the Sniper section as of the 10.2.0 update.
- Upon shooting a player with the Cupid's Bow, hearts will fly out of them.
- The Cupid's Bow is one of the eight weapons available to use in Sandbox mode, the others being the Hockey Stick, the Snowball, the Mr. Deejay, Just A Hand, the Bouquet, the Balloon Cannon, and the Fireworks Launcher.
- When you run out of ammo, an arrow is still loaded.
- This, Professional Bow and Frozen Lich Bow are the only bows to have area damage.
- This weapon is actually mostly used only in Sandbox mode and not for combat.
- It is one of two bows to belong to 'someone', the other being Shaman's Bow.