The Dark Mage Wand is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 8.0.0 update.
It is an orange wand that shoots an orange orb. It has good damage, a slow fire rate, average capacity, and average mobility. It is currently 2-3 shots with its new burning effect.
The Dark Mage Wand looks similar to the Wizard Wand but has yellow, orange, and red highlights instead of purple. The top of the handle has red fading into yellow marks, suggesting intense heat.
This wand that shoots a large, orange orb with area damage and instant bullet travel time. It can burn the player, making them temporarily lose extra health.
Formerly, it shoots a purple orb with wall break, no area damage and instant bullet travel time. It also had infinite capacity, large damage and a very large hitbox.
It uses the single-shot system so it has no reload animation. It has no delay mechanics either.
- Keep in mind that this weapon’s projectiles have no travel time.
- Use this weapon to attack enemies from the shadows while they are behind a solid cover.
- Use the weapon to finish off damaged targets.
- If you are an experienced player, rocket jump with the weapon and convert to a 1-2 shot weapon to kill opponents easily.
- Do not attempt to Rocket Jump (PG3D) with this as you will lose a majority amount of health and gives you the burning effect along with it.
- This is negated if you simply jump before firing.
- This is useful in Space Arena when the enemy is about to go on one of the jump pads to escape.
- Don't worry if it does not kill them instantly as the burning effect will finish them off.
- Use area damage weapons to attack the user. And finish them off as they got knocked away by the blast immediately.
- Pick off the user from long ranges.
Since it is a 2 shot kill now, it is great for the 3 Category Spam.
Players could buy this wand directly from the Armory, without upgrading.
It can one-shot for those who have wooden and iron armor and those who don't have armor.
Its wall-break attribute was removed. Its ammo capacity when spawning was changed to 21. Before this update, the player could shoot infinitely, thus meaning infinite ammo.
A glitch involving trapping an opponent in the Kill Cam (PG3D) was fixed (Refer to Trivia).
It was removed from the Armory, possibly due to the fact that it got nerfed in the 9.0.0 update, making it a lot less efficient and popular.
The players could see this weapon as the Fireball Spell.
This weapon was temporarily brought back.
It was nerfed again.
It was nerfed again, having a small blast radius.
- You can do rocket jump with this.
- The rocket jump, however, has been nerfed to not go as high.
- The eye in the middle also looks like the Eye of Ender from Minecraft.
- The eye in the middle also looks like Sauron's eye from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- It is currently confused as to whether or not this gun has wall break though results vary between devices.
- This wand's hotbox and infinite ammo capabilities were heavily merged in a recent update, however, it can easily one-shot those with no armor to iron/wooden armor.
- It takes two shots to kill a player. Unlike the Wizard Wand which takes three shots to kill.
- The player can get this in the Gallery for 500 coupons in a limited time.
- In the 9.3.0 update, there was a glitch about trapping an opponent in the KillCam, and the Dark Mage Wand is involved in this glitch. Basically, the player would have to equip either the Dark Mage Wand or the Wizard Wand. Next, they would have to find an opponent then shoot them with the equipped wand, then quickly tapping on the Frag Grenade button.
- On ExxotikGaming's channel, he made an entire video talking about this glitch, spreading more awareness about this glitch to other players and it had a goal of getting this glitch patched.
- This glitch was patched in the 9.4.0 update.