Dead City is a Raid map introduced in the 16.2.0 update.
If you have 3 friends (as randoms cannot be trusted normally), should your team be split into 4 roles:
- The Main DPS - This person should be the main damage output, mainly he/she will deal with powerful bosses and swarms of enemies. A good weapon for them is the Champion Peacemaker, the Automatic Peacemaker, the Excalibur or other high DPS and ammo primaries.
- Second DPS - Backup if the main DPS dies/distracted by smaller targets. This DPS dishes out extra DPS from backup, primary and special weapons. The Thunderer/Exterminator, the Laser Bouncer/Reflector and the Black Mamba/Casanova are good weapons to use for this player in order to kill small bosses (such as the Chainsaw Doctor and the Infected Truck Driver).
- The Anti-Swarm - This person should be using splash damage to help the DPS when they are attacked with small, powerful threats, such as Zombie Dogs. Some good weapons are the Champion Solar Cannon, the Destruction System or even the Shadow Spell.
- The Support - This person should prioritize on doing objectives and supporting the team all the time. Good weapons would be a fast melee and a good sniper such as the Dark Force Saber and Comet.
- Sometimes you just need luck in order to win. Also, communicate with your team would help more than this alone. If you have a group voice chat, you can use them to your advantage. Also, if you don’t have some of the weapons, it should be very cheap to unlock. Things unlocked at high levels like the Laser Bouncer can be alternated for the Fidget Thrower or the Bad Doctor (Actually works).
- In this game mode, it is okay to die. The enemies are very powerful if you have weak armor. What you can do is to use the fact you can die a lot to your advantage by having your slow reloading weapons like the Big Buddy, the Prototype or the Exterminator to reload. However, this should only be done once/twice as it takes lots of time to go anywhere in the map after the city. Unless you are in hospital/school and you have to die in order to get to blockmart/bridge faster.
- Wallbreak weapons are a must-have in this game mode, as they make "Break The Hive" objectives trivial, and help out a great deal against The Cook boss behind the Blockmart.
- While it is tempting to try and take out the Teacher Zombie boss from a distance, it is much quicker to fight him at the front of the classroom, where he cannot hide behind the bookshelf and is unable to regenerate health. This may take some practice, however, as his magic projectiles and Neon Skeletons will take out an inexperienced player within moments.
- The Teacher Zombie or the Blue Phantom can't be damaged while they are invisible.
- In all difficulties (All take kinetic damage):
- Soldier Walker (Similar to the Soldier Crawler, but standing)
- Chainsaw Doctor
- Infected Doctor
- Infected Truck Driver
- Neon Skeleton
- Poisonous Plant
- Vulture (Similar to the Black Bird, but appears to be a reskin of the Eagle.)
- Red Slime
- Spider Queen
- Blue Phantom
- Electric cop (A police version of Tortured Prisoner)
- Teleporting Alien
- Venom Nurse
- Venom Spitter
- Zombie Cat
- Zombie Dog
- Zombie Head Enemy 2 (Visually similar to the Zombie Head Weapon, but functionally identical to the Zombie Head Enemy)
- Policeman Zombie
- In Medium/Hard Difficulties only:
- In Hard Difficulty only:
- Red Demon Frog (Magic)
- ”Defeat the Boss!” - always available at the start and the end. Also, may be available in Hospital (most likely to happen), School and Blockmart.
- ”Pick up the key” - happens after a boss was defeated or a task was done.
- ”Enter the location” - happens after a key was picked up, except at the start of a match.
- “Destroy all hives” - can happen in School (most likely to happen), Blockmart and Hospital.
- “Collect all virus samples” - can happen in Blockmart (most likely to happen), School and Hospital.
- Easy: Rare Chest
- Medium: Mythical Chest
- Hard: Gold Chest
Raid map's progression in order:
- There is currently a glitch where you killed a triple-headed zombie after it is defeated, it will just be invisible. Burn it with a flamethrower to spot its location and use high damage projectile weapons to damage it.
- As of early May, this glitch has been patched.
- This mode is likely based off of the video game Destiny, as they have similar mechanics.
- The AI have become smarter as of the release of this game mode. It is harder, yet still possible, to trick enemies by leaving their “guarding zone”, so they won’t target you until you go back. Works the best after entering the hospital and the front of the school, as their guarding zone is small.
- The enemies either have kinetic/magic/energy protection or they also have kinetic/magic/energy damage. It is not tested and needs confirmation for which is right.
- This is the only game mode that requires modules to cause damage.
- The minigame shares similarities to Co-op Survival:
- They require four players (They can't kill each other, instead they have to kill zombies and other enemies along the way for rewards)
- There is a timer (in Co-op Survival, you would get up to three minutes, in Raid you get twenty minutes)
- It is similar to Garden Ops for Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. For example, ”Destroy all hives” are basically “Destroy all tombstones”. However, the difference here is that you do not have to defend a location in order to win in a raid.
- Unlike other PvE game modes, the monsters are much stronger, and it is recommended not to attempt to play until you have a reasonable loadout. (Loadout should contain at least on self-heal, one high DPS weapon, one high damage splash damage heavy, one strong flamethrower, [think toxic sprayer] a backup of at least 15 lethality, a melee for movement speed, and a very high damage sniper rifle. before doing raids, be sure to equip proper modules.
- The map name dead city might come the the map with the exact same name from War Robots
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.