The Deep Ambusher is a Special weapon introduced in the 17.7.0 update.
It is a mine launcher in the form of an angler fish. It deals a great amount of damage, paired with a decent fire rate, a low ammo capacity and low mobility. It is a 1-2 shot.
This weapon has a mostly turquoise body with some hints of yellow, purple, and blue. It has a gold lining throughout it and seems to resemble the shape of a fish. The barrel is located in the mouth of the fish's head. The fish itself is an angler fish.
When the fire button is pressed, the weapon will fire small black mines in the form of an angler fish. These mines will stick to any surface and will detonate when enemies get within proximity of a mine. The mine will slow down the enemy and will also damage any enemies close enough to the target.
When reloading, the user will insert a new set of mines into the mouth of the weapon.
- This weapon is perfect for defending points such as the flag in Flag Capture, place it behind the points where it will detonate when the enemy is near or place it in the box where the flag is at for it to be more effective and players won't see the mines.
- Place its projectiles on hidden spots where players mostly pass through.
- You can use the grenade as a means of covering your back if sniping from a fixed location.
- It is recommended switching to a high mobility weapon such as the Dark Force Saber when traversing.
- Lure enemies into its grenades by placing them behind corners, when they follow you.
- When an enemy activates one of the mines, use a high damaging weapon to finish them off.
- Remember that the mines do not last long, make sure to deploy grenades when the enemy is near.
- In Space Arena, place the mines on the Trampolines so the enemy will take damage when they attempt to jump on it.
- In crowded spaces in Deathmatch, spam this weapon into clusters of people to destroy them easily due to .
- Pick off its user(s) from long range to easily dodge the mines as they have travel time.
- Avoid these user(s) in small/close spaces as you can get trapped and killed.
- Take advantage of the low mobility and outmaneuver users by strafing around them with a melee weapon.
- It is possible to escape the blast radius by moving away from the mine quickly.
- The mines cannot be detonated by shooting at it, or by using explosives, so do not waste your ammo upon trying to do so.
Bring a high mobility Melee weapon to traverse the map.
- Initial release.
- This weapon appeared as the Like Launcher for players who hadn't updated their game before the Atlantis Battle Pass season came out
- Many players complained about this weapon as it is heavily spammed.