|“||if you look into the abyss the abyss also looks into you. The same goes for ducks. One day they will take weapons in their wings and start their own hunt.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a plastic light gun attached to a video game console. It deals good damage, has a decent fire rate, an average ammo capacity, but low mobility. It also has the ability to inflict as well as disable an enemy's gadgets for a limited amount of time.
It takes the appearance of a beige video game console, and a red/white light gun connected to the system. The console has a game cartridge inserted in the slot, with black and red buttons on top. The light gun features a red pistol grip with a white body, a red trigger, a grey ejection port, and red iron sights.
When reloading, the user will eject the game cartridge from the console and replace it with a new one.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Duck Hunter always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this as a backup weapon when your main weapon is out of ammo.
- Do not use this weapon during the entire length of the match, as you will not have a high chance of winning. Alternatively, use faster-killing weapons.
- Aim at the head to maximize damage.
- The fire rate of this weapon is somewhat fast. Use that to your advantage.
- The weapon has a Gadget Blocker attribute, use it to your advantage as your target won't be able to use any gadgets.
- This can be useful if the enemy is a frequent gadget user.
- Use the Burning attribute to deal additional damage to enemies overtime.
- It has a hidden effect: More Damage to the Cursed use the fast fire rate to deal 2x the damage.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
- Area damage and shotguns make quick work of its users.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the damage from the weapon, so as to render its users wasting ammo in firing towards you.
- Like most Backup weapons, being at farther ranges is effective for minimizing the chances of being hit.
- Flank around the user then use a Melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
This weapon can be used as a general purpose backup weapon for any player or playstyle. It is not viable for 3 category spam.
- Initial release.
- The weapon features multiple references to Nintendo:
- Strangely, it has the More Damage to the Cursed attribute despite it not being listed in the armory. This can be seen in game as it applies green skulls to enemies' heads.
- Attempting to shoot without any ammo will cause a unique sound to play. This sound is similar to the beginning of the dog's laugh in Duck Hunt