|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Elephant Hunter (PGW).
|“||The scope here is awesome. Name origins: Not a single elephant was killed with this rifle, however a cutthroat called "Elephant" was killed two times already.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a large anti-material rifle that bears resemblance to the real-life Barrett M82 rifle with dark desert camouflage and red stripes on the sides. It has a long and thin black barrel with a muzzle and a black scope.
This weapon has great efficiency, average rate of fire, low capacity and normal mobility.
- Use this weapon at long distances to maximize the scope's usefulness.
- Be sure to aim for the head to maximize damage and conserve ammunition.
- When against an unarmored opponent, aim for the center of mass instead. They will be downed in a single bodyshot, and aiming for the center of mass can make aiming easier.
- Take the time to aim first if locked in a sniper duel.
- It is recommended to use this weapon in long-range maps.
- This can one shot players so try to be accurate so you can get fast kills.
- In Team Fight, pick off key targets (i.e. Ghost Lantern users) to prevent enemies from getting fast easy kills.
- After racking a kill from a sniping spot, move to another position as players can find your position by looking at the kill cam.
- If used in close ranges combined with precision, it heavily damages your target. Tearing the bulk of their health and armor away, making them easy to finish off.
- As the scope heavily decreases your field of view, occasionally unscope and look at your surroundings to look for any potential attackers.
- This weapon can also be used for Three Category Spam, as it doesn't have any delay when switching between weapons.
- Get in close with a weapon with lots of damage, however, if you approach head-on, experienced players can kill you without using the scope. Ambush the user or attack from behind for the best results.
- A fast-firing weapon with a scope such as the Guerrilla Rifle will make the most of the weapon's slow firing speed.
- Avoid routes which other users are known to frequent.
- Keep out of its user(s) sight.
- You can counter this with another Sniper weapon.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges while still unsuspected.
- Area damage weapons are good counters due to their knockbacks where it will mess the user(s) aim. Use them in a range where the users can't mostly dodge the projectiles.
- Equip a close range weapon along with this one. A shotgun can be effective if you are cornered or ambushed.
- Alternatively, a scoped rifle can be used for eliminating unarmored targets, saving ammunition for tougher foes.
- Regardless, be sure to have a reliable weapon to use at close range.
- Pack a Backup/Primary weapon to finish off weakened opponents.
- The Elephant Hunter is added in the game.
- The weapon received an extra upgrade.
- The Elephant Hunter and its upgrade is removed, but previous owners still own it, being a Pixel Gun. The Kill Cam still shows it as an Elephant Hunter though.
- It is brought back.
- It is added in the Super Lottery and can be obtained from it.
- It is based off the real world Barrett M107A1 .50 BMG sniper rifle with desert camouflage. Even though it is commonly viewed as a sniper weapon, it is actually an anti-materiel rifle.
- Curiously, when this weapon fires, the bolt pulls back. This would have cycled another round, making operating the bolt unnecessarily complicated.
- You can now buy it in the Armory without upgrading the Brutal Headhunter (PG3D).
- It was once glitched and couldn't be equipped.
- In the same update, for some users, this rifle did not appear in the Armory, but could still be bought from the Kill Cam. This was patched in the following update.
- It can one shot headshot enemies at max efficiency and with the right equipment.
- When you get killed by this weapon, the top left of the Kill Cam will say Electro Blast Rifle instead of Elephant Hunter.