The Ent, informally called the Angry Tree, is an enemy introduced in the 10.0.0 update.
The Ent is a walking tree that has been "infected". It has red eyes, a long nose, leaves which are his "hair", long branches for its arms and having leaves at their hands. The Ents slump down and disappear when killed.
It is also in the new map Magical Valley in the 16.4.0 update
The Ent will simply wander around until it spots you. When you're near it, it will slowly charge its branches (hands) to attack you.
- "Ent" is a reference to J.R.R Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.
- It bears similarities to the infected tree from the Wizard of Oz.
- It is an enemy that appears in the final campaign world, as well as the first.
- If the player tries to headshot it, they must hit it in the face.
- There is a craft item version of this, which is called the "Angry Tree".
- Try not to get too close to them. Even then, the attack speed of the Ent is quite slow, but take him out faster if you use a close-ranged weapon to attack him.
- Simply run away from these monsters.
- Aim for the head/face to get headshots.
- If you are equipped with any ranged weapons, try to maintain the distance between you and the Ent.