|| This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!
The Fake Bonus is a Throwing gadget introduced in the 11.1.0 update.
It appears as a dropped gem, but with a small C4 on the underside and slightly larger.
It acts as a fake gem bonus. Sometimes, when you kill a player, they drop a gem. This gadget is used to trick players into picking it up.
- This gadget can be used to set a wide extent of traps.
- However, when throwing, do not throw in front of any player. This is an obvious sign of the gem being fake.
- Once another player makes contact with the item, it blows up, dealing damage to the player.
- Throw at a spot where there are a lot of enemies, without letting them see that you are throwing.
- Throw this at your feet while losing health. When you're about to die, throw this at your feet the second before you die so that enemies will think you drop an actual gem.
- Throw this when enemies are moving around and not looking at you so they won't notice the gem.
- You can use this for a trap in flag capture to protect your flag
- To avoid getting deceived by this gadget, let the "bonus" spin twice.
- You could tell if it's fake if you see C4 on one side.
- If it is a real gem without a C4 on neither side, then pick it up.
- If a player is near one, they may had just placed one.
- The explosion takes time so rocket jump before being hurt. However, you must quickly do so for more time allowance to dodge the explosion quickly.
- It looks like a normal gem, except that an electronic C4 has been implanted on the gem.
- Even if you remove the C4, this gem will still look bigger than a normal gem.
- This is one of the three Gadgets with the "Contact Detonator" attribute, the other two being the Smile Mine and Firework.
- When it explodes, its sound effect is the same as the gem's sound effect when picked up/ obtained, except that an explosion sound effect is added.
- The Fake Bonus always has a 2D-like shape, while normal gems sometimes have a 3D shape.
- In the 12.5.0 update, an extra upgrade has been introduced for this gadget.
- However, it was removed in the 12.5.3 update.
- As of 13.1.0, it has been brought back.