|“||If you wanna start a party, shoot it in the air! It will be legen-wait-for-it-dary! Legendary!||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Firestarter is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 8.2.1 update.
This is a Heavy Military themed weapon that has orange, red, gray and black colous in it. It has incredibly high damage, medium fire rate, low starting capacity ,and average mobility.
It has a bright red pit stock, with a yellow dot on it. The base is a gray color, with a red hand hold. The end of the barrel is yellow. It is a re-skin of the Grenade Launcher.
The weapon reloads after every shot. While reloading, the weapon's barrel is opened and red bomb is put into it. Then, the barrel is closed and the player is able to shoot again.
- Make your shots count, because the weapon can only be used once before reloading
- Aim at the ground near the enemy to ensure that it will hit the enemy. This also grants the chance of a one shot kill if you have got good modules and/or if you are at level 65.
- Use a gear piece such as the Demolition Cape or Bandit Bandage to make this weapon more reliable in a short to medium range scenario.
- Use this in Block Crash, as the fast fire rate, the huge damage radius and the 1-shot to blocks make it a reliable weapon.
- Move and strafe around the enemy to avoid getting inside the blast radius.
- Be on the air always so he wil not easily hit you.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Rocket jump a lot so Heavy weapons will not hit you.
Have a reliable Primary or Backup weapon at hands such as Royal Fighter, Veteran, or Void Energy Pistol, as this weapon isn’t very reliable in most medium-range scenarios. Also, bring a long-range Sniper like the Morgana.
- The Firestarter is released into the game.
- The weapon was given upgrades.
- Firestarter to the Battle Pass.
- It is based on the M79 Grenade Launcher.
- Despite the name, it does not have the Burning attribute.
- In the Battle Pass Phoenix Order Event, it is available as a reward for the standard Battle Pass. Its current efficiency as of this event is 31 (from 23).
- This, the Eva, the Heart of Volcano, the Viking and the Napalm Cannon are the only weapons available to claim during the Battle Pass Phoenix Order Season.
- It could be referencing a dubstep song "Firestarter" by FriskiNippa that can be seen here.
- It may also be a reference to The Prodigy song of the same name.
- It has been brought back in the latest update as a reward for reaching Level 47 for the Silver Battle Pass.
- It was brought back permanently in the Starter Pack along with Hand Minigun, and Tactical Tomahawk.
- The Grenade Launcher is a weapon in the realistic brawl, while the Firestarter is not in the brawl.