The Football Cannon is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.1.0 update.
The weapon takes the appearance of a small rocket launcher with a white and black football protruding out of the front.
The launcher tube has a green paint job, akin to a football field. It also has a green pistol grip, trigger, and grey iron sight.
At close to medium-close range, aim for the floor in front of you facing towards your target and it will bounce to them and the area damage will affect them, as long as they remain on the ground.
More skillful or experienced players can try to judge where the looping shot will go and hit enemies directly without bouncing it.
- Aim for the ground and bounce it.
- Use with a longer range weapon like the Anti-Champion Rifle, because the weapon has arcing shots and can’t get long-ranged kills.
- Use double jump boots and jump height boosters to increase range from looping and because area damage is more effective from a higher position shooting the ground.
- Get direct hits with the weapon if you want a non-delayed explosion on the enemy.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Using double jump and increased jump height equipment can make you much harder because of the weapon's arcing projectiles.
- Using the Time Machine gadget can help you escape an incoming projectile and can also confuse or surprise attack users.
- The Singular Grenade or Sticky Candy can be used to prevent the user from jumping around and shooting you.
Equip a Primary or a backup weapon such as the Impulse Rifle to finish players off or to deal with enemies at close range.
- This, along with the Fan’s Revolver and the Penilizer are the Unique Weapons found in the Royal Chests Event