|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D content. If you want to see the same content in Pixel Gun World, see Frag Grenade (PGW).
The Frag Grenade is a Throwing gadget introduced in the 8.0.0 update.
The Frag Grenade is a small and green bomb, which was manufactured with black grooves. It also has an iron/steel opener. It seems to be based on the real world Mk 2 grenade, except pixelated.
This gadget will blow your enemies to bits.
- The grenade can't reach very far distances, so use it to close to medium range.
- Use it when there are multiple targets in one place, you will get multiple kills.
- When leveling up to a new tier, don't forget to upgrade it.
- Try aiming at the enemy's feet.
- Utilize this against heavily armored opponents, which the explosion will chew through their armor with ease.
- Rocket Jump with a weak weapon like the Nuclear Revolver to avoid getting hurt.
- Quickly switch to a high mobility weapon and flee if you see a grenade being thrown at your direction.
- The grenade's area of effect is quite disappointing, compared to real life Mk 2 explosions. After being thrown, you do not have to move too far away from it.
- It is no longer an ammo-based weapon where you must buy more. Instead, you start out with it and can upgrade it to do more damage, and has a cooldown of 15 seconds.
- 15 were equivalent to 5 grenades.
- This was equivalent to 3 per grenade.
- After 10.2.1 you had to pick them up or earn them from the Lucky Chest.
- In the 11.1.0 update, the Frag Grenade was removed from the Lucky Chest and is free, the Up1 version costs 75, 50 (on sale) and the Up2 version costs 75, 50(on sale).
- They are based on the MK 2 Grenade, sometimes called the "Iron Pineapple".
- They were the only pick up to be an explosive weapon.
- Although they say they have a 1.8 second detonation time, you can hold it for more than that and the time is for how long it takes to detonate once it is thrown.
- They can be used to Rocket Jump like with the other explosive weapons. In the case of the grenades, though, players have to wait for the grenade to explode after it is thrown. However, this can be difficult to perform, as the grenade may detonate in a random corner or it may kill you, which makes it not recommended to use grenades as a rocket jumper.
- They do not explode faster even if they are thrown into a fire source.
- After update 9.0.0 of Pixel Gun 3D, they are significantly less bouncy, and the throws are more easily controlled.
- As you level up, the grenade gets upgraded. There are 5 upgrades. However, in recent updates, you must upgrade them for about 50.
- It became a pick-up along with the other gear items in the 10.2.0 update of Pixel Gun 3D.
- However, it was reintroduced as a non-pick-up in the 11.1.0 update.
- Shooting a thrown grenade will not cause it to explode.
- For some odd reason, if you were to throw a grenade at one of the golems at the last level in the campaign, they will survive the blast.
- The maximum amount of grenades a player can hold is ten unless they receive grenades from the Lucky Chest.
- In the 11.1.0 update, it became a gadget.
- Also it became upgrade-able in the same update, reminiscent of its old level-based upgrade system.
- As the 11.1.0 the pickup form was removed.
- before 11.1.0 update the grenade has unlimited use count to its amount and the grenades are one of the pickups and Lucky Chest prizes.
- A giant replica of the Frag Grenade can be found in Checkmate.