|“||The most refreshing beam. In low-dose rates can freeze the drinks in a bar. One of the Cubonomicone's Tomes.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
Alike the other spells, its appearance is a book. The Frost Beam Spell has a blue cover, with white corners. When it is wielded, a cloudy wisp will float above the player's right hand (perhaps something involved with ice) while their left hand will hold the spellbook. When fired, it will release a solid beam of light which is turquoise in color.
Like any other spell books, if a player moves whilst wielding one, the pages oscillate.
This weapon has a normal rate of fire for a laser-type weapon, a normal capacity, average mobility, and high damage once fully upgraded.
- Use this weapon to slow players and prevent them from jumping, then attack with an area damage weapon or headshot them with a sniper.
- Go for weakened players, as this weapon can easily finish them.
- Use a high damaging weapon first, then finish them off with this weapon.
- Just like non-reloading Special weapons, it is not recommended to use the Oilcan module or Explosive Ammo module combo on this weapon as it lacks a reload animation.
- It can be used to drill enemy armor, which can be useful in team-working scenarios. As this weapon also slows the target down, making them more vulnerable to hit, providing support.
- This weapon does not have a scope, so attack users of this from a far distance, with a sniping weapon.
- Strafing left and right will make you more of a difficult target.
- Avoid being in close range, as you are more vulnerable that way. This weapon also slows the target, so keep in mind that you are susceptible to that if you are trying to escape a fight.
- If you were unfortunately caught with the spell, deal as much damage to the user.
- Initial release.
- A glitch where the weapon was made a one shot was fixed.
Upon the release of the 12.1.0 update, a glitch happened to this weapon. The glitch is basically turning from a weapon that would take multiple shots to kill to a one-shot even at the same fire rate. In one tap, the player could kill an opponent. This weapon wildly became popular and became a weapon for free kills. This glitch existed despite having an efficiency of 10 in the Armory. This glitch could've possibly happened with a typo by inserting an extra digit to the code of the weapon's efficiency. However, a day later, the developers released 12.1.1, where this glitch was fixed.
- This weapon is currently one of the 10 spells in game, the others being Fireball Spell, the Thunder Spell, the Bee Swarm Spell, Love Spell, Poison Spell, Airblade Spell, Curse Spell, Shadow Spell, Earth Spike Spell, and Bats Spell.
- It is one of three spells in the Special category, the other being the Curse Spell and the Spell of Bats.
- It is the second-cheapest spell of all spells, with the lowest costing one being the Thunder Spell.