The Gangsta Shield is a Backup weapon introduced in the 17.1.1 update. It is one of the 6 weapons in the Gold Division Clan Set.
It is a golden revolver that shoots golden bullets, accompanied by a golden shield. It has high damage, a good fire rate, low capacity, and slightly low mobility. It can kill within a matter of shots thanks to its high damage and critical damage attribute.
Both the shield and the revolver are made out of gold.
The shield takes the form of a riot shield and has a small viewing window at the top. Embedded at the front, it has the words "MONEY POWER" embedded on the bottom, three dollar signs underneath the window, above diamond skull with wings.
The revolver has a golden frame, a black/golden pistol grip, a golden cylinder, and a large slab-sided barrel with a Gem embedded on the side.
The shield is based on FBI Shield.
This weapon shoots golden bullets with instant bullet travel time, emitting an abstract effect of coins and gems on the nozzle when shooting. These shots have critical damage, which means that there is a chance that the bullets can deal twice the damage. Moreover, this weapon possesses a shield which is used as a defensive and reflective barrier that is like the Reflector gadget.
When reloading, the player opens the cylinder, takes out the used bullets, inserts new bullets and closes the cylinder. It has no delay mechanics.
- It performs best at close-medium range, as it lacks a scope, so try to use it there.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use this with teammates to defend them.
- It can block virtually any projectile in the game, however it is not immune to some, such as wall break and explosive projectiles, so be mindful of that.
- Like any revolver, the weapon is limited to 6 shots, so make those shots count.
- Switch to high mobility since this weapon does not have a mobility optimal enough for fleeing purposes.
- Be wary for flanking enemies, as it is a common counter that players will use when dealing with this weapon's users.
- Equip the magic module combo that heals with each critical hit is recommended, as it not only heals you to a full 100% health, but it also will increase the chance of getting a critical hit, due to the use of the lucky bullets (non-elemental) module, making killing opponents even quicker while using fewer bullets, and combined with the magic module combo with the upgraded magazine will increase its capacity, making it even more capable of decimating entire teams.
- Attack the user from behind.
- Area damage weapons or wall-break weapons can still hurt them.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Flank around the user using cover and then attack from their blind spots.
- Using throwing gadgets such as the Frag Grenade and throwing it behind or in front of the user can also counter the shield.
- Wait until the user runs out of ammo then attack from the side.
- Quickly kill users in one go to prevent healing
This works well when paired with a Primary/Heavy weapon since one can utilize this weapon to pull back to reload.
- Initial release.
- It is the second weapon to featured the Shield attribute, the first being the Sly Wolf.
- However its shield is different to the Sly Wolf
- The revolver is based on the Dan Wesson PPC revolver.
- Despite being named "Gangsta Shield", it does not come with only a shield but also a revolver.
- This weapon has a hidden healing effect, recovering 2 hp every second.
- The shield deals damage to the enemy when the user is shot, similar to the Reflector gadget, only it is much weaker.