The Gangsta Shield is a Backup weapon introduced in the 17.1.1 update. It is one of the 6 weapons in the Gold Division Clan Set.
Both the shield and the revolver are made out of gold.
The shield takes the form of a riot shield, and has a small viewing window at the top. Embedded at the front, it has the words "MONEY" and "POWER" embedded on the bottom, three dollar signs underneath the window, above the blue skull with wings.
The revolver has a golden frame, a black/golden pistol grip, a golden cylinder, and a large slab-sided barrel with a Gem embedded on the side.
- It can kill within a matter of shots thanks to its high damage and critical damage attribute.
- It is effective at close-medium range.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use this with teammates to defend them.
- It can block virtually any projectile in the game, however it is not immune to some, such as wall break and explosive projectiles.
- Like any revolver, the weapon is limited to 6 shots, make those shots count.
- Switch to high mobility since this weapon does not have a mobility optimal enough for fleeing purposes.
- This weapon is extremely useful Siege since mobility is generally limited, you will give an advantage for your team.
- Be wary for flanking enemies, as it is common counter that players will use when dealing with this weapon's users.
- Attack the user from behind.
- Area damage weapons fired beside the user can still hurt them.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Flank around the user using cover and then attack from their blind spots.
- Using throwing gadgets such as the Frag Grenade and throwing it behind or in front of the user can also counter the shield.
- Wait until the user runs out of ammo then attack from the side.
This works well when paired with a Primary/Heavy weapon since one can utilize this weapon to pull back to reload.
- It is the second weapon to featured the Shield attribute, the first being the Sly Wolf.
- The revolver is based off of the Dan Wesson PPC revolver.
- Despite being named "Gangsta Shield", it does not come with only a shield but also a revolver.
- This weapon has a small healing effect, recovering 2 hp every second.
- The shield deals damage to the enemy when the user is shot, similar to the Reflector gadget, only it is much weaker.