The Gauss Cannon is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 15.6.0 update.
The Gauss Cannon has a yellow and gray body and orange-reddish and yellow wires at the end of the weapon, near the muzzle. The muzzle itself is larger but shorter than the barrel and coils of the gun itself.
This weapon deals very high damage, has a moderate-low fire rate, low capacity, and low mobility.
- Since it is a sniper, it is best used at long range. But you can use it at short-medium range as well, with the right timing.
- Avoid picking fights with highly mobile opponents, as this weapon itself doesn't have high mobility.
- Make sure to land headshots to maximize its Efficiency per shot.
- Take advantage of the sniper's short reload time as it will allow you to get into fights immediately.
- Ambush users with shotguns and assault rifles. Due to its nature as a sniper, it is often ineffective in close quarters, unless the objective is to get yourself killed easily.
Bring a good backup, primary and melee, to make yourself less vulnerable in close quarters combat.
- The weapon is based off the M72 Gauss Rifle from Fallout 2.
- However, unlike the M72, the Gauss Cannon performs as a sniper rifle, rather than an assault rifle.
- It is a 2 shot, which is high risk-reward and takes quite some skill to use effectively.
- However, with high enough leveled Kinetic, Energy, or Magic modules, it is a 1 headshot kill and body.