|“||Those who are about to play salute you!||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Gladiator is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 15.2.0 update.
It is an ancient roman themed sniper that shoots flechettes that can slow down, bleed and lifesteal the target. This weapon deals a good amount of damage, a slow rate of fire, an average capacity, and a relatively average mobility.
The Gladiator is an ancient-themed weapon, which is mostly polished gold in color. It has a red section at the top which resembles the plume of an ancient Roman gladiator‘s helmet. The Gladiator has a red flag at the bottom of the barrel. This flag has a golden imprint of a bird on it, which may represent Senatus Populusque Romanus. The Gladiator's magazine is open, showing ammunition that resembles poison darts.
This weapon shoots flechettes (when shooting, red steam is emitted on the gun's nozzle, but that is cosmetic) with a bullet travel time that is NOT instant and it doesn't have an optic sight, despite its weapon category. However, this weapon's flechettes do have a lifesteal attribute, which steals only the health of the players; a bleeding attribute, which makes the players temporarily lose extra health; and a slows down target attribute, which makes an affected opponent have a lower mobility for a few seconds.
When reloading, the clip is taken out and is replaced by a spare one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use this weapon similar to the Good Doctor or the Dracula.
- To conserve ammo, engage the users at close ranges.
- Note that this weapon also has travel time, so use it in a short to medium range.
- Since this weapon has the Lifesteal attribute, try attacking someone when you are at low health.
- Use this as a utility weapon, it can not dominate by itself.
- This weapon is similar to a makeshift special weapon.
- The lifesteal and bleeding attributes give this weapon extra points on the utility side, making it perfect for weakening or finishing off enemies.
- The bullet of the Gladiator travels slowly so you can just dodge them at long and medium ranges.
- Mess up their aim by shooting area damage weapons (or shotguns in close ranges) at them.
- Strafe around so that the travel time bullets cannot hit you.
- Pick off the user from long ranges.
- Bring the Thunderer, Exterminator, Reflector, or Laser Bouncer as a makeshift sniper, as this weapon does not fit well as a sniper.
- Bring an automatic primary to destroy players at middle range.
- This weapon was added as an event weapon in the 15.2.0 update.
- It is available in the Time Travel event.
- It is one of the few Sniper weapons that doesn't include a scope.