|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes the Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Golden Friend (PGW).
The Golden Friend is a Primary weapon introduced in the 10.2.0 update of Pixel Gun 3D. It is only available as a rare prize from the Lucky Chest.
The Golden Friend is a reskin of the Simple Machine Gun. However, it does have many differences, one being that the Golden Friend sports an animated golden camouflage. There is also an added 4x scope on the top of the weapon and a laser sight under the weapon's barrel with a green laser protruding from it.
Like the Simple Machine Gun, this weapon has a high rate of fire, but deals incredible damage even for higher leveled players, and has a fair capacity for the type of weapon it is.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage of this weapon.
- This weapon is incredibly accurate, and is best used at long ranges
- The high mobility can be used by outmaneuvering the enemy at a close range.
- If you want this weapon to be even more efficient, use the maximum upgraded Storm Trooper Cape, and the Burning Tiara and the Hunters Altar and get headshots.
- It has high ammo (40 max), but burns through ammo, take advantage of its fast reload
- It is quite hard to counter this weapon, so jump around and try to not get hit. This is essential.
- Jump and run around to avoid getting hit by too many shots while trading blows with an SMG or rifle.
- Alternatively, this weapon deals low damage per shot, so charge the user with a close-range weapon, such as the Photon Shotgun or the Shotgun Pistol. The Photon Shotgun became very weak in the new updates so it might not do well against the golden friend
- Avoid fire from this weapon by taking cover behind an object or by fleeing from the user while using a weapon with a high fire rate.
- Although this deals decent damage, the other stats are like a Simple Machine Gun. Use this to your advantage. However, keep in mind that this weapon does have a scope.
- One on one, the Social Uzi up2 can efficiently counter the golden friend, even when it is maxed out. So try to use it against those users whenever possible. But do beware of long range combats due to the social uzi's very high recoil.
Gold Rush Themed
Almost all maps, since this gun is good in most situations and ranges.
Have a Backup weapon with a high fire rate, due to the fact that this weapon can easily run out of ammunition. Although a very excellent substitute for one, bring in a good sniper with a 10x zoom for long-range duels. It is also recommended to bring in a good close range weapon, flamethrowers are ideal but an excellent close range backup would be something like the Shotgun Pistol, etc.
- The Golden Friend is one of the four weapons exclusive to the Lucky Chest, the others being the Candy Baton, the Power Claw, and the Spark Shark.
- The Golden Friend is the rarest out of the 4 chest-exclusive weapons.
- As with its regular counterpart, the Golden Friend is based on the real world Heckler & Koch MP5A2, as evidenced by the weapon's fixated stock.
- There is a chance of getting the Golden Friend in different efficiency rates, but the rest of the stats stay the same, like you can get it's efficiency to 32 (Now 15.3.0 update), being the max. In the Lucky Chest, as you level up, the Golden Friend's initial efficiency stat will rise.
- Even if the efficiency stats are different, they all do around the same amount of damage.
- In the 11.0.0 update, this weapon's efficiency stats were nerfed to 10.
- But the efficiency was changed to 26 in the 11.3.0 update.
- However, in the 12.1.0 update, its efficiency nerfed to 11 once again, and 2 upgrades were given.
- In the 13.5.0 update this was drastically buffed and currently has a max efficiency of 37 with a given combat level of 17 (The highest combat level so far).
- In the 11.1.0 update, this weapon was given the "shine" like other golden skin weapons has, but apparently its "shine" is not as shiny as other golden skins.
- This weapon is easier to get at lower levels for some reason.
- Despite this weapon being a reskin of the Simple Machine Gun with modified statistics and an added scope, this is the only golden skin weapon that cannot be purchased through leagues.
- There are also numerous other weapons with golden skins, but they have a "different kind of gold", which is the gold that does not shine, such as the "Predator".
- This may be an oversight from the developers because the Simple Machine Gun was originally called "Best Friend".
- It is an improved version of its counterpart The Simple Machine Gun.
- In the 13.5.0 Super Future update, the efficiency of this weapon got buffed to 37, which equates to 30 in the previous gun statistics format in the armoury. Furthermore, all the Mythical class weapons which could be gotten from the Lucky Chest such as the Spark Shark Up2, Power Claw Up2 and the Candy Baton Up2 could be upgraded to 37 efficiency, or 30 (Whichever statistic format you prefer to use).
- It takes about four seconds of continuous headshots to kill a max armored player with this weapon.
- Its a 5 shot headshot.