|“||A gatling assault rifle. A popular shooting mechanic now in 4-barrel design.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Hand Gatling is Primary weapon introduced in the 15.5.0 update.
It is a brown minigun that automatically shoots a lot of bullets at a fast fire rate. This minigun has high efficiency per second, a high fire rate, high capacity, and great mobility.
It appears to be an 1862 handheld “Gatling gun”, But unlike its hand-cranked real-life counterpart, it is fully automatic and has only 4 barrels.
This weapon automatically shoots regular bullets with instant bullet travel time. Its accuracy slightly decreases after every few shots while spraying and praying. It has the Automatic and Minigun attribute, which gives it a small delay before shooting.
When reloading, the clip from the weapon's bottom is taken out and is replaced by another. It has no delay mechanics.
- Stay moving with this weapon, since snipers may abound in a hidden area in an effort to hunt you down while you attempt to execute multiple enemies using this weapon.
- Remember that you need enough time to kill them. It should not take too long, but try to dodge the incoming attacks.
- It has a fairly above-average accuracy, so you can use this in long ranges, provided you are skilled enough in the process.
- Its high fire rate allows you to shred multiple enemies in a single magazine use. Remember to land headshots.
- Make sure to keep the barrel spinning (not firing the weapon) until target spotted and fire away.
- If one wants to unleash bullet storm within a short period of time without stopping, equip Turbo Charger.
- Use this to weaken/finish off targets.
- Take cover when reloading, as its reload speed is sluggish.
- Using this weapon to provide suppression fire for your teammate is highly recommended.
- Engage its users in a long-range attack, but take note that experienced users can easily kill you in that range.
- Any well-placed one-shot kill weapons can be proven victorious.
- Take advantage of this weapon's mini-gun delay to attack them with a high-damage Heavy or Sniper.
- Area damage weapons can be used to disorient its users.
- Its reload speed is atrocious, so you can easily put its users off guard by killing them while they are reloading.
- Other automatic weapons can overpower him/her.
- This weapon itself may be used as the last effort to counter if all failed.
Equip any one-shot kill weapon.
- Initial release.
- In the 15.9.0 update, it was given the Minigun attribute, making it have to take a short period of time to spin up in order for it to fire.
- It is based on the real life M134.
- Unlike its real-life counterpart:
- It appears to not need cranking in order to fire.
- It is used by only one person whereas the latter requires four crews to operate a single Gatling Gun.
- This, Champion Peacemaker and the Excalibur are the only Minigun-based weapons that have the Mythical grade.
- The gold appearance on the gatling is from "The Brass Beast" from Team Fortress 2.