The Happy Tree Slayer is a Melee weapon.
It is a Christmas-themed axe that deals damage in close range. It does mediocre damage with moderately-high attack speed and low mobility.
It seems to be a standard red hatchet, with red, green and blue Christmas lights wrapped along with the handle.
This weapon, when swung, deals damage to the opponent, but only in close range. It has no other attribute that makes its performance special, other than the melee attribute.
- Attack targets from behind.
- Follow your enemy and attack when they stop walking.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Shotguns quickly dispatch its users.
Have a weapon that can be used in ranges longer than melee range.
This weapon was unreasonably removed.
Other player screens will see the Warrior Axe instead of this weapon.
It was temporarily brought back, only being available in the Event Chest.
- Oddly, if you hold this ax, your hands appear somewhat darker.
- This weapon is possibly inspired by the game "Team Fortress 2" in which every Christmas time they release A "festive" weapon for each class. Festive weapons are like regular weapons but have Christmas lights on them.
- Its name could be a reference to the flash cartoon series, Happy Tree Friends, released in 1999.
- Its name is a reference to the animated series Happy Tree Friends, which consists of a juxtaposition of cute animals combined with graphic violence.
- Its spiritual successor exists in the 15.7.0 update.