|“||A stick of help. Helps your allies, doesn't help your enemies.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Healing Staff is a Melee weapon introduced in the 16.4.0 update. It can be obtained from the Trader's Van.
It is a melee weapon that attacks enemies in close range and heals teammates in close range with area damage. It has good damage, a slow fire rate, and decent mobility. It is mostly a 2-3 swings kill anywhere within its area damage.
The Healing Staff has a grey/black body with a green light hologram at the top resembling a medical cross symbol. In the bottom, there appears to be a yellow box. It has a brown handle at the side
When the staff is used, it will create a healing radius that will heal all teammates inside of it.
The player swings this weapon to emit a green radius in close range only. Enemies in this radius take damage while teammates in this radius are healed by it.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Healing Staff always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- Unlike most weapons, it's more suitable as a utility weapon than an offensive weapon. However, this weapon also deals very high damage.
- It is useful for countering other melee users.
- It is possible to stay near (a) teammate(s) and spam the staff to make the teammate(s) virtually invulnerable.
- Stay close to allies with this weapon.
- If you are using this weapon, stay close to other players.
- This weapon is very useful if one has a coordinated team. This is especially useful in game modes such as Raid and Siege.
- If you want to become the Medic, then it's recommended to keep close to the team.
- Make sure you protect the Medic since he/she can keep the team alive longer.
- Pair this weapon with the module combination of Vampirism for the best effect.
- Do not use this weapon in Duel, as it will not heal anyone.
- Use this with someone with a Sly Wolf in Team Fight (PG3D) to heal them while they have the shield to protect you.
- You can pick off the user at a long-range.
- In a non-melee only close-range fight, shotguns can easily beat its users.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can counter users at close range.
- Avoid getting too close to the user, keep your distance while attacking them.
- Flank around the user and use a high damaging weapon to kill them quickly.
- If the enemy team has a designated healer, target the Medic first.
- Use high-damaging weapons such as the Circus Cannon to neutralize the teammate-healing ability.
- In non-melee maps, use ranged weapons while keeping your distance far.
- Every attack with this weapon heals your allies health by about 1/3.
- A fast firing Primary Weapon.
- A sniper rifle for long-range combat.
- Initial release.
- It was nerfed.
- Despite its healing effect, it doesn’t heal yourself.
- It is one of the first weapons to feature the Teammates Healing attribute, the other being the Witch Doctor.
- It is somewhat based off of Mercy's Caduceus Staff from Overwatch.