The Heavy Sniper Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 15.9.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time as part of the Military Trader's Van event in the armory.
The Heavy Sniper Rifle has a green camo with a bipod with a handle. On top of the weapon exists the 8X scope with two laser sights that serves no purpose in the game. Under the hand guard comes with the bipod that are purely cosmetic. On top of the hand guard in question, the handle grip is attached. At the end of the long barrel, it consists of a horizontally thick flash hider.
It deals devastating (if higher leveled) damage, a somewhat average fire rate, a good capacity, and a low mobility. It is a 2 shot anywhere with piercing shot. So far, a skilled yet well rounded sniper.
- Aim for the head to deal more damage.
- The "Piercing Shot" ability allows you to take down multiple enemies (in linear position) at once.
- Its 8X scope renders it a devastating weapon in long ranges, if used well.
- It is a one/two-shot kill so you have to aim very well to benefit from this feature.
- Useful for targeting Jetpack users, if you master this skill very well.
- This weapon requires for the user to aim differently because this weapon does not shoot out a laser, it shoots out a bullet requiring the user to aim a little farther ahead of the target to hit them.
- Keep moving while sniping since being stationary will render you vulnerable to counterattacks.
- Use this weapon in long range maps to maximize the use of its 8X scope, for example Ant's Life.
- Switch to high-mobility weapon if you wish to flee in a [not necessarily] breakneck speed.
- If locked in a sniper fight, take time to aim with this weapon.
- This weapon can be used well for Three Category Spam, as it doesn't have any delay when switching FROM both delay and non-delay weapons to this sniper rifle.
- Hide behind solid objects since it cannot pierce through walls.
- Attack its users while they are reloading or is hammering on anyone else.
- Engage its users in close range. Be aware of experienced users though, for they can kill you regardless of any range.
- Area damage weapons can destroy its users easily.
- Do not engage in groups its users in a linear fashion, due to the piercing shot.
- Overpower its users with fast fire rate weapons.
- Experienced users can easily no-scope with this weapon, so strafing is recommended.
- Since this is a piercing shot weapon, pair it up with others Piercing Shot weapons are perfect synergy.
- A fast firing Primary/Backup to finish off weakened opponent.
- It is one of the Sniper weapons that is based on the Barrett M82 anti-materiel rifle.
- The weapon's kill icon does not fully match to the weapon's appearance itself, since the receiver in its kill icon is gray, while the actual weapon is green camouflaged.
- It looks like a spiritual successor of the Brutal Headhunter (PG3D) due to its appearance.
- Like all weapons with bipod, that said attachments are only used for aesthetics.