It is a fencing rapier that attacks players in close range, with its unique attributes. It has high damage combined with the super punch, good attack speed, and high mobility.
It takes the appearance of a fencing epee and a bottle of poison.
The sword itself has a golden guard with a velvet red handle and a long thin silver blade. The bottle of poison is green and has a white skull on all 4 sides.
This weapon is a melee weapon, so naturally, it can only attack players in close range when swung. Moreover, it can also poison them which makes them deal damage over time. Finally, it has the Healing Area attribute, so that the user can heal teammates and the user him/herself in a certain circle around the user.
Formerly, instead of having the head enlargement and dash attributes, it has a healing area attribute and a super punch attribute. What the healing area attribute does is heal teammates in a certain radius. What the super punch attribute does is deal damage in a large area after scoring a certain number of hits on an enemy.
- Equip the Berserk Boots and Berserk Cape to maximize mobility speed.
- Sneak up behind the enemy then attack him/her with it.
- Use this weapon at close quarters engagements, because this is a weapon that requires being up close to the target.
- Attack the head for maximum damage.
- Strafe around enemies while holding down the melee button to maximize the efficiency and killing speed.
- Use the shockwave or the attribute from this weapon in a group,or when you are surrounded by enemies, but be sure to have hit 3 enemies before.
- If you hit an enemy for the third time right as you die, you will respawn with the shockwave ready.
- The Poison attribute is useful for dealing additional damage to enemies over time.
- Equip the weapon when low on health,since you can heal yourself with this weapon.
- If you insist on becoming the medic,move close to your teammates to rapidly increase their health.
- This is useful in any Raid map such as Dead City/Magical Valley.
- In Co-op Survival, hide in one place and heal yourself if you're on low HP.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Use the Reflector gadget so he will be less interested in hitting you.
- Area damage and shotgun weapons decimate its users.
- When caught in a melee battle, try striking the user first, backpedal, then strike again until the user dies.
- Stay out of range from a user of this weapon to prevent taking damage. Try engaging the user with a Primary weapon at medium range.
- Use a weapon with high damage or a weapon with a fast fire rate to overwhelm the weapon's healing abilities.
- Try attacking the user when the shockwave isn't activated yet to prevent taking further damage.
It serves as a well-balanced melee weapon and can be used by all loadouts especially for 3-cat spam users.
This weapon is undoubtedly one of the most popular weapons in the game, due to its op stats (self-healing and super punch). Ever since its release in the Fairytale battle pass, people bought it to grind for this weapon. Due to how popular the weapon is, other players hate this weapon, possibly due how overpowered it is.
Knife Party Ban
Despite the category of this weapon, before 17.4.0, it had an area of effect, defeating the purpose of a Melee weapon in the first place. Because of the weapon's performance, it is banned from Knife Party, primarily for balancing purposes. The player going to Knife Party with a Heroic Epee will have the Combat Knife equipped instead, but they can feel free to change the Melee weapon in the Armory before starting or during the match.
Even though in the 17.4.0 update, the weapon's performance was completely modified, it is still banned from Knife Party due to the fact that it possesses unique attributes such as Healing and Super Punch.
Initial release date
- A bug made the Super Punch and Healing Area attributes into Dash and Head Enlargement attributes,but the original attributes's effects didn't change.
- It was fixed a few days after the bug's introduce.
- It might be a reference to Shakespeare's play; Hamlet, since, at the end of the play, Hamlet and Laertes fought in a fencing duel where Laertes used a poison-tipped sword in order to try to kill Hamlet, but instead kills himself.
- It is commonly seen being used by three category spammers,due to the self-healing power.
- In the weapon's name, "Epee" means sword.
- This weapon cannot be used in Knife Party, possibly due to the healing attribute.
- This is the second weapon that is banned from Knife Party; the first is the Disconnector.
- When your health has been taken and you try to heal your self using this weapon in Arena, you will die no matter how much health you were on
- It is the second weapon to have the Healing Area attribute after the Cooking Totem