The Hyper Mega Cannon is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 16.7.0 update. It can be obtained from completing the 6 challenges from the Arcade Season Battle Pass.
It is a large, red gauntlet that shoots a green beam with area damage. It has more damage the more it is charged. It has good damage, a low fire rate, good capacity, and low mobility.
It is a large red arm cannon featuring green components such as energy cells and wires, and a large barrel.
When the player is charging, a green energy ball will appear in the middle of the nozzle, and an energy being force in animation will happen. After being fully charged and released, it shoots out a ball of green energy, which will explode into a green blast radius. This projectile can disable jumps for a few seconds if a player gets hit by a projectile from this weapon.
When the player wants to reload, the player will take out the magazine located at the back of the gun and replace it with a new one.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Hyper Mega Cannon always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this in close to medium range for a less complicated duel and also due to its bullet travel time.
- You can hit the ground spot that is near your opponent because this has area damage.
- Use this to prevent enemies from jumping, thus allowing the enemy to be an easier target.
- As the weapon is one shot guaranteed at max charge, use this to hit enemies with full health.
- Try not to use this in close ranges, as you will just kill yourself in the process.
- When in chaotic situations like in Classic Pool or Coliseum, charge the weapon up to half charge and fire at opponents, for there is a good chance that they are already damaged and you will get the kill without wasting too much ammo.
- This weapon allows four shots at max charge before reloading, so make those shots count.
- This weapon has a decent charge time so it is alright to charge in the open.
- Use this in long corridors such as Classic Pool and Silent School as this has a big hitbox. It also grants area damage when hit.
- Avoid always holding this weapon as it has a low mobility. Use a high mobility melee to cover for this. Also, use wear that allows for faster movement such as the Cape Editor.
- Go for the weakened players for better ammunition conserving and quicker kill registering.
- It is useful as a crowd control weapon due to its high damage, tied with area damage. However, time your charge shot well for better results.
- Keep yourself accurate because it is hard looking around without keeping a charged shot.
- This weapon can be used for clearing the ram of enemy players in Siege.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Strife while jumping to minimize the chances of getting hit.
- Don't get too close when the user is charging up, unless you plan to do so from behind or lure its users into self-kill.
- Jump around or stay on air often, if you want to avoid its projectiles and explosions.
- When hit, try switching to a Melee weapon to quickly escape and wait until the Disable Jump attribute wears off.
- Attack from behind for best results, especially if you want to attack its users when he/she is charging.
- Just as you encounter Heavy charge shot users, be aware when he/she charges his shot, his/her projectile will release upon death.
- If you want to kill its users (with a lesser chance of being hit by its users) while he is charging, please do so from behind.
- You can kill them if they are charging. (unless they are using 3D touch, which allows for players to jump while charging)
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) to make its users less enthusiastic in hitting you, since he will receive half the damage from this weapon.
- Pool Party
- Area 52 Labs
- Silent School
- Classic Pool
- Colosseum (PG3D) (Multiplayer)
- Toy Factory (PG3D)
This weapon should be paired with an effective Primary or Backup weapon.
- Its design is a reference to the Mega Buster from the Mega Man series, with a different color scheme.
- It is one of the few weapons that enlarges itself repeatedly when charging.