The Hyper Mega Cannon is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 16.7.0 update. It can be obtained from completing the 6 challenges from the Arcade Season Battle Pass.
It is a large red arm cannon featuring green components such as energy cells and wires, and a large barrel.
It has very good damage, a slow fire rate, a decent capacity, and low mobility. It is 1 shot kill when fully charged and 2-3 shots not fully charged.
- Use this in close to medium range for a less complicated duel and also due to its bullet travel time.
- You can hit the ground spot that is near your opponent because this has area damage.
- Use this to prevent enemies from jumping, thus allowing the enemy to be an easier target.
- As the weapon is one shot guaranteed at max charge, use this to hit enemies with full health.
- When in chaotic situations like in Classic Pool or Coliseum, charge the weapon up to half charge and fire at opponents, for there is a good chance that they are already damaged and you will get the kill without wasting too much ammo.
- This weapon allows four shots at max charge before reloading, so make those shots count.
- This weapon has a decent charge time so it is alright to charge in the open.
- Use this in long corridors such as Classic Pool and Silent School as this has a big hitbox. It also grants area damage when hit.
- Avoid always holding this weapon as it has a low mobility. Use a high mobility melee to cover for this. Also, use wear that allows for faster movement such as the Cape Editor.
- Go for the weakened players for better ammunition conserving and quicker kill registering.
- It is useful as a crowd control weapon due to its high damage, tied with area damage. However, time your charge shot well for better results.
- Keep yourself accurate because it is hard looking around without keeping a charged shot.
- This weapon can be used for clearing the ram of enemy players in Siege.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Strife while jumping to minimize the chances of getting hit.
- Don't get too close when the user is charging up, unless you plan to do so from behind.
- Jump around or stay on air often, if you want to avoid its projectiles and explosions.
- When hit, try switching to a Melee weapon to quickly escape and wait until the Disable Jump attribute wears off.
- Attack from behind for best results, especially if you want to attack its users when he/she is charging.
- Just as you encounter Heavy charge shot users, be aware when he/she charges his shot, his/her projectile will release upon death.
- If you want to kill its users (with a lesser chance of being hit by its users) while he is charging, please do so from behind.
- You can kill them if they are charging. (unless they are using 3D touch, which allows for players to jump while charging)
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) to make its users less enthusiastic in hitting you, since he will receive half the damage from this weapon.
This weapon should be paired with an effective Primary or Backup weapon.
- Its design is a reference to the Mega Buster from the Mega Man series, with a different color scheme.
- It is one of the few weapons that enlarges itself repeatedly when charging.