|“||A turbine, installed into a hammer is the modification that will let you send your opponent into Space. You can also do turbo-waffles with its help.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Jet Tenderizer is a Melee weapon introduced in the 14.0.0 update.
It is a laboratory themed hammer that attacks and performs best in close range when charging. It deals high damage within a large area, paired with its moderate mobility but slow attack speed (charge time).
The weapon appears to be a giant futuristic-looking mallet. Its color scheme consists of orange, turquoise, white, and silver colors. It has turquoise spikes protruding from its front and has a gun-metal coloured engine/jet on the back of the weapon that makes it spin faster.
This weapon looks like the Pizza Heater attached to a handle, with spikes added to it, and with its grip removed.
This weapon, being a melee weapon, only attacks players in close range. Every time the player uses this weapon, they charge this weapon to increase the damage to the opponent. When charging, the user will rapidly spin the hammer around, until the user lets go of the fire button, in which the user swings the hammer down. It also has area damage, so it also has a large hitbox. This weapon has no delay mechanics.
The Shiv can reduce charge time of this weapon, allowing it to reach full charge faster. The higher the module level, the faster the charge time.
- It is a Charge Shot area damage weapon, so try to charge it fully to do the most damage.
- However, it charges relatively quickly.
- This weapon can be used for crowd control, use this while rushing towards groups of opponents.
- Spam this in Knife Party and you can win with little to no effort. In addition, you can earn kills even when get killed.
- It only has 65 Mobility so you may not be able to outrun the target so try to get close first then switch to the tenderizer and finish them off with it.
- Avoid getting picked off by Snipers and Primary users by flanking around them and avoiding open areas.
- Like most area-damage melee weapons, it is effective against non-area damage melee weapons, except for the Combat Yo-Yo and some other weapons.
- Like most Charge Shot weapons, the charged attack executes upon death, this is useful for going in suicide runs towards enemies, as it is possible to kill an enemy post-death if caught in the damage radius.
- Despite the existence of the area damage, you can aim at the head to increase efficiency per charge/swing.
- When using this weapon, have a second fire button on. When you’re holding a shot and want to jump/use gadgets that don’t remove your charge, then switch to your left firing button while still holding the right button. After that, release your right fire button and jump, or activate the gadget.
- Pick off its users from long range and don't let them get close to you as this weapon has a big area damage radius.
- Avoid getting too close to the user, when the user is spotted, keep your distance and backpedal while firing.
- Try to kill the user when you're out of the tenderiser's radius, as the charged attack is released upon death.
- When caught in a melee duel, try strafing around the user but keep on backpedaling to avoid getting caught in a charged attack when the user is killed.
- Shotguns and area damage weapons can be used to disorientate users and to weaken them as well.
- Use Melee weapons that have superior efficiency, like the Electrosphere, to easily kill the users.
- A powerful sniper like the Anti-Champion Rifle can defeat the weapon's users easily.
- When someone approaches you with this, use a flamethrower like the Frozen Dragon or a Heavy weapon like the Demolition Exoskeleton to easily counter them.
- Use a speedier melee like the Dark Force Saber to easily outmaneuver users.
- New users of this weapon could panic and spam charge you, so take advantage of them.
Try to equip a long range weapon and another area damage weapon.
- Initial release.
- It now needs a longer charge time.
- It was removed from the Armory.
- This weapon was one of the most expensive gem weapons with the price of 420 .
- It is the second Melee weapon to feature the Charge Shot attribute.
- Some players joke that it has the ability to take down Jetpack users with ease, possibly frying them.
- Despite of its name, it is a melee, not a firearm.
- It is also the 6th melee weapon to feature the Area Damage attribute, the previous ones being the Storm Hammer, Fire Orb, Santa Sword, Electrosphere, and the Chip Sword.
- This weapon resembles to Reinhardt's Rocket Hammer from Overwatch by Blizzard Entertainment.
- This weapon, along with the Industrial Nailer, Pizza Heater, Laser Rings, Particle Accelerator, and the Energy Drill, is a part of the Lab Prototypes Gallery set.
- This weapon is a one hit kill when fully charged.
- It is almost physically impossible to spin a hammer as the wrist cannot rotate 360 degrees
- Oddly, it now has the ability to execute headshots.