The Katana, formerly called the Emperor's Blade, is a Melee weapon introduced in the 6.0.0 update.
It has a black handle with red dots to resemble a sword wrap, as well as a very long and curved blade. It has a small and thin crossguard.
This weapon deals a good amount of damage, high attack speed, and high mobility. It takes about 4-5 hits to kill an armored player.
- This weapon is good for tearing down groups. Swing quickly and move on to the next opponent once your former target has been eliminated.
- Catch players off-guard and you'll be sure to strike them down soon.
- If they turn on you, you'll be very vulnerable, so this can be a risky tactic. Ambush a sniper for the best results.
- This can circle-strafe very well due to its high mobility and margin for error due to its swing speed. If in a melee duel, try to move unpredictably so that your opponent cannot score a good hit.
- The Katana causes enemies to bleed and lose health/armor for a short amount of time.
- Pair the Katana with the Berserk Boots, specifically when they are upgraded to the highest level.
- The low weight/high mobility the weapon provides, combined with the Berserk Boots providing a tremendous speed boost should you be holding a melee weapon allows you to move quickly when holding the Katana. Use this for quick escapes and pursuing fleeing enemies.
- Take out Katana users with long-ranged weapons, specifically your guns, and prevent them from getting close.
- Make sure to also stay out of range of these users to prevent being hit.
- Since the Katana inflicts a "Bleed" status, look for armor/health pick-ups on the battlefield should you be hit several times.
- If locked in a melee duel with a user, try to strafe around the user and score a good blow before the user can retaliate. If you are unarmored, this is especially important, as users can slay you in a single hit.
- Try to move out of melee range by rocket jumping or using a weapon with high mobility.
- Fast-firing (or shotguns) weapons easily pick off its users.
- If the user can't be easily caught by the said weapons, use a weapon with the Slow Downs Target trait to severely cripple their mobility.
- The sword follows the design of a traditional Japanese Katana.
- The Emperor's Blade, along with Ninja Sword and Samurai Katana, has been removed from the game. It has been replaced by the Katana.
- In the 10.0.0 update, it received an extra upgrade.
- The weapon has a similar design to many traditional Japanese swords such as the Wakizashi and Tachi.
- It was given the Bleeding attribute in the 11.2.0 update.
- It was the third and the final form of the old and removed Ninja Sword.
- In the 13.5.0 update, a reskin was made based on this weapon, called the Last Samurai.