A Key is a type of currency introduced in the 12.1.0 update.
It appears to be a simple, golden key. However depending on the event it is in, the look might alter sightly
They are three golden keys, along with a smaller sized, possibly a mini-toy Pixel Gun, that are chained all together into a silver chain. Sometimes, they appear as a single golden key.
- In Team Fight, Deathmatch, Flag Capture, Point Capture and Siege:
- In Block Crash:
- In Duel:
- In Co-op Survival and Team Strike
- In Battle Royale and Siege, the player in the first place can earn up to 5 .
- The unmentioned positions do not earn keys.
- Keys are not influenced with double rewards. For example, if a player became first place with a double reward, then the same player became first place with a normal one, they will earn 3 keys in both cases.
Keys can be bought from In-App Purchases.
- This is the 4th currency introduced into Pixel Gun 3D, the other 3 are , and , which was removed in the 12.5.0 update, though then reintroduced as coupons alongside with the introduction of the Gallery.
- Its only use is to open chests.
- This used to be bought with instead of microtransactions.
- However, in the 12.5.3 update, they are bought with microtransactions.
- It has been brought back numerous times for various events.
- Ever since the ??.?.? update was released, keys are no longer a prize in the lottery chests.