|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Lava Thrower is a Special weapon introduced in the 14.0.0 update.
It is a reskin of the Napalm Cannon.
It is a mainly red-colored weapon with gray parts of the machine. There are orange traces hence the "Lava" part of the Lava Thrower.
This weapon deals a relatively lower than average damage but provides one of the most annoying attributes in the game. It has a slow fire rate and low capacity for a weapon of its class, and low mobility.
- Use this in close range, as it this weapon has travel time.
- Try to have a backup weapon for mobility, since his weapon is sluggish when compared to most other weapons.
- Try to shoot and aim at places where players usually go through, such as hallways, doors, or corners so that the fire can slowly annoy them and chip away their health.
- Remember, it's burning attribute can't really do much in terms of total damage. If you do manage to hit them with it, proceed to attack with another weapon.
- This weapon can no longer do much damage as it usually takes 3-4 shots with fire damage to kill a player. So stick with your regular weapon and occasionally switch things up just to catch them off-guard.
- Equip a long range weapon to counter these users, as the Lava Thrower's projectiles have travel time.
- This weapon no longer does ridiculously high damage, so it is fine to take a couple of hits, but stay away from the fire as the flame on the ground can last a very long time.
Have a good primary to finish the weakened targets after using this weapon. A sniper is always needed for long-range capabilities are abysmal with this weapon.
- This weapon should not be used a replacement for your regular high damage heavy. Although it does provide the support type gameplay, it does not provide the big damage dealing gameplay this weapon really needs.
- This weapon has added in the 14.0.0 update as a re-skin of the Napalm Cannon.
- It used to be one of the most powerful weapons in the game, being able to one-shot kill any player for a while.
- This was then fixed in the 15.2.0 update, where it can no longer one shot people and received a drastic nerf to where it now takes 3-4 shots to kill a player.