It takes on the appearance of a pirate chest. Its main color varies, depending on the type of the chest, with an encrust in which its color also depends on the type of the chest. This encrust is around the corners of the chest and two lines of shells go around it.
- Christmas: Instead of a golden chest, it looks like a green present with red wraps.
- Easter: Instead of a golden chest, it looks like a large sky-blue egg with a few other bright colored details.
- Old Appearance: It used to be a green, military crate with a white, featureless Combat Rifle decal on the front and there are Pixel Gun decals on the sides.
Types of chests
There are 4 types of chests:
In the Lucky Chest, the available items are:
- Craftable weapons, avatars and royale items
- Temporary VIP Account
- Weapons found exclusively in the Lucky Chest, including the Golden Friend, the Power Claw, the Candy Baton and the Spark Shark.
The Lucky Chest can be opened for free every 4 hours. It is required to pay 3 in order to use the Lucky Chest when it cannot be opened for free. Moreover, this cost increases to 5 , then 10 etc., but this will also slightly increase the rewards (for example, the player can only earn 1 part of the Sniper Shovel for free, but if they would want to earn 2 parts of that item or any other craftable item, they would have to spend 3 ). You can watch a video advertisement and open it for free when it is not available.
- When the feature was first introduced, the original waiting time after spinning it was for 24 hours instead of 4. This was changed in the 10.4.0 update possibly because of complaints about the waiting time being too long.
- Until the 11.0.0 update, this feature wasn't officially named the Lucky Chest, and was mainly called the Gift Box by the community. (The caption reads, "Get Gifts!")
- As of the 11.1.0 update, Frag Grenades were removed from the Lucky Chest due to the renewed Gadgets system's introduction. In the Gadgets system, instead of obtaining a number of gadgets, you have an unlimited amount of use for all Gadgets, except that they are limited by their respective cooldowns.
- As the 11.2.0 update, the Lucky Chest's appearance turned into a present. Is it due to the 11.2.0 update being released on December.
- The Lucky Chest was firstly introduced (with an unofficial name, "Gift Box") with an appearance of a present.
- As of the 10.3.1 update, the Lucky Chest looked like an Easter egg. However, in the 10.4.0, it has changed back to old appearance.
- As of the 11.2.0 update, you can now earn a possible 3 or 3 due to the likely amount of other possible achievements in the Lucky Chest. The chest also changed in 11.2.0 because it became way more fair and gave out much more things players would be satisfied with. It also became less rigged in this update.
- As of the 11.3.0 update,,, free spins and Sandbox gear were removed from the Lucky Chest, making any other item being much easier to be obtained from the Lucky Chest.
- However, this glitch has been patched shortly after its discovery.
- As of the Halloween update (2016), chat stickers were removed from the chest only on Android devices. iOS and other devices still have them.
- However, this was added back after.
- As of the 12.0.0 update, Tickets were added into the Lucky Chest.
- However, they were removed from the Lucky Chest, along from the entire game, in the 12.5.0 update.
- As of the 12.0.0 update, Sandbox Gear were removed from the Lucky Chest.
- As of the 12.5.0 update, an item that allows a free upgrade to any already owned weapon in a specified category was introduced into the Lucky Chest.
- As of the 13.5.2 update, VIP accounts from the Lucky Chest are brought back into the game.
- As of the 15.1.0 update, the Lucky Chest became less rigged.
- During the 12.1.0 and 12.2.0 updates for 15 days each, players could get keys and ribbons in the Lucky Chest ranging from 3, 5, 10, or 25.