The Luxury Beats is a Special weapon introduced in the 17.1.1 update. It is one of the 6 weapons in the Gold Division Clan Set.
It is a golden boombox with a microphone that emits area damage around the player. It heals teammates and charms opponents. It has good damage, a high fire rate, low capacity, and decent mobility.
The boombox is golden and has a pair of black speakers, a brown handle, various buttons, and a dollar sign embedded in the middle. The weapon also has a black microphone connected to the boombox.
The player holds the boombox on their right hand and a microphone on the left. When the attack button is pressed, the player will create an attack radius made out of musical notes, damaging anyone caught in the area. This radius can also heal teammates or allies and can charm opponents, which means that once an opponent gets the charm effect, they will temporarily deal less damage to the player using this weapon.
When reloading, the player takes out a cartridge or a tape from the boombox and puts another one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use this in close range, otherwise, it would useless in longer ranges.
- Use this to mow down heavily armored players due to its high damage.
- Due to the attack radius's medium size, it is useful for blocking off chokepoints to prevent enemy players from advancing.
- Take advantage of the weapon's Charm attribute and target players who rely on weapons with high-damage.
- Due to its area damage attribute, it is effective for keeping melee users away from you.
- The musical notes and the music played makes one stand out from a distance, therefore avoid open areas and areas where snipers are present.
- This weapon is very useful if one has a coordinated team. This is especially useful in game modes such as Raid and Siege.
- If you want to become the Medic, then it's recommended to keep close to the team.
- Make sure you protect the Medic since the Medic can keep the team alive longer.
- Pick off the user at a long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotgun weapons decimate users at close range.
- When caught in its radius, escape while firing back.
- Avoid getting too close to users, keep your distance when battling against a user.
- Try running and jumping while attacking to avoid getting hit by the user's attacks, especially from the area damage attacks.
- The musical notes make the user stand out from a distance, this can be useful for tracking down the user and for striking first.
- If the enemy team has a designated healer, target the Medic first.
- Use the Reflection gadget so the user will be incurred 50% damage from this weapon.
Have a weapon with a longer range if engaged in long-ranged combat.
- This weapon's ability to heal other teammates around the user using music is most likely a reference to Lúcio's Crossfade ability from Overwatch.
- This and 9 other weapons; Agent Valentine, Heartbreakers, Serenade, Succubus, Ice Cream Thrower, Ten O'Clock Postman, Royal Marriage Officiant, Cracker Gun, and Love Spell have the Charm attribute.