|“||It is inspired by the look and nature of Ordinary Manticora (Manticores Communis). The projectiles fly on long distances and leave terrible smell.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Manticore is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 13.5.0 update.
This is an Alien themed Heavy weapon that has green and orange colors in it. It has high damage, medium fire rate, low capacity, and normal mobility.
It is a re-skin of the Alien Cannon that has two green tips that hold a plasma-like substance. It looks very sophisticated and seems to have red splotches here and there. When fired, it gives off a green burst similar to the Alien Cannon's burst. It has a light-green back and ammo cartridge.
This is a high-damaging weapon. It shoots green projectiles that leave green particles behind them. If the projectile hits a solid object, it will bounce off it, then ricochet from another object and fly in the air. If the projectile hits nothing, it will explode with a small green blast after flying sometime. If the projectile hits an enemy, it will deal some damage to him/her and produce a green blast.
While reloading, the weapon's magazine is taken off the weapon, then put back into it. The reload animation is 4 seconds long.
This weapon is non-delay and can't be used for Rocket Jump (PG3D) because of the attribute.
- Use exactly like the Alien Cannon, except with more damage.
- Fight enemies in close to medium range to get the best results.
- Use this against weak enemies to save ammunition and thus get faster kills.
- Try ambushing with this weapon against unsuspecting players.
- The mobility is heavier than the Alien Cannon so strafing won't be as effective
- You can shoot this off a wall because of its ricochet, for instance, in a clustered area.
- Be aware that this weapon's area damage only works when someone touches or comes in contact with the projectiles. So, the only real way to hit players with the area damage is to shoot them when they are packed together.
- Pair this with the Singular Grenade to get easy kills and points.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Stay away from its users, as it can be devastating at close ranges.
Bring a sniper or a long-range weapon in case you are being sniped at from far away. Bring a good Primary such as the Undertaker to deal close damage if you are in a tight spot or run out of ammunition.