|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D content. If you are looking for the same content in Pixel Gun World, see Map Selection (PGW).
The Map Selection is a menu that can let you choose any mode and any map, introduced in the same update which introduced Multiplayer.
It is a green button which has, on the slight bottom, written "Go battle!" in white. There is a shield which is color blue on the left side and red on the right. It has silver edges with 6 placed screws: 3 screws are located at the top shield edge and 3 of them are located at the bottom shield edge. A tiny silver line separates the two colors (blue and red). A black assault rifle, which is the black re-skin of the Combat Rifle, is placed towards the shield and it is flipped to the left.
MenuThe Map Selection is a wide menu that displays modes on the left and the right. In the middle, there is a wide variety of maps, along with some of their information being their current popularity and their size. Under them, the mode rules are displayed. Sometimes, a dialog on the top appears for a double reward. On the bottom, there are some buttons, usually used for going on servers or creating one. The Armory button can be found on the top-right corner.
These maps and modes include:
- Team Fight:
- Co-op Survival:
- Flag Capture:
- Point Capture:
- Deadly Games:
- Block Crash:
- Team Strike:
- This counterpart of the Map Selection doesn't have a chatroom, while the PC counterpart does.
- You need to click "Battle Now" in order to go to the Map Selection Menu screen.
- It had multiple redesigns:
- In the 8.0.0 update, it has been completely redesigned in a way you could select modes and maps in one screen.
- In the 11.0.0 update, instead of a slideshow type of selection, the map icons were placed like a grid. A random map button was also added, and it generally has a more modern-like and a cleaner interface.
- Sandbox maps have a separate map selection menu.
- In the 6.0.0 update, Flag Capture replaced Boss Battle.
- Most of the modes require a certain level in order to unlock.
- If you are level 1, then you can only play in Heaven Garden, Nuclear City, Paradise Resort and Pool Party in Team Fight.
- In the 12.0.0 update, there is a bugs which doesn't display the player amount or the map size.
- In the 11.0.0 update, a Random map button has been added, which is used to choose a random map.
- The local button is the button that appears in Team Fight and Deathmatch, only.
- In the 12.2.0 update, the local button's color turned into light olive.
- In the 12.2.0 update, the back button has been redesigned.
- In the 12.2.0 update, the Map Selection has been slightly redesigned, so that some modes display on the right.
- For unknown reasons, the 2x text disappears when you try to connect into a server.
- In a recent update, instead of "Battle Now!", it says "Go battle!".
- Before, the names of the maps are formatted in all upper-case instead of the regular capitalizing used now.