|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Mercenary is a Backup weapon introduced in the 11.3.0 update.
It is a futuristic looking pistol which has an iron muzzle with a cyan glow, 3 light blue stripes on the grip, a cyan iron sight, a laser, a black magazine with a cyan detail and the rest of the gun is silver.
- If the player holds down the fire button, it will fire a five-round burst, and continue to do so as long as the fire button is in use.
- If the player rapidly taps the fire button it will behave similar to an automatic rifle and increase the fire rate to that of the Swat Rifle, while being semi-automatic. However, this is not how the gun has been intended to be used.
- Quickly tapping the button once releases burst of 5 from holding it.
- This gun is useful in taking down weakened targets with its moderate damage and fire rate and low recoil.
- Always, aim for the head.
- Strafe around the player to avoid being shot by the weapon.
- Hide behind an object, or outflank the user.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- This weapon usually runs out of ammo very quickly, so higher ammo capacity weapon could easily outlast these players on a head to head duel.
- This weapon is a decently good backup, made to actually be a backup type weapon where it is used in emergency situations, sometimes substituting the primary weapon of choice.
- In the update it was introduced the player in the icon is holding the Mercenary.
- There is a similar version of this weapon, being a futuristic rifle, the Sub-zero.
- This gun's performance kind of resembles the exotic sidearm "Trespasser" from Destiny Rise Of Iron.
- This, the Champion Mercenary, Semi Auto Sniper Rifle, Sakura and Fast Death are the weapons that can burst-fire/semi-auto.
- The Champion Mercenary is a re-skinned, more efficient counterpart of this gun.
- In the 13.5.0 update, this weapon has been given a combat level of 10.
- In 15.99.0 Update, a burst of 5 are released when tapping the firing button just once. This itself added is identical to real life burst-firing behaviour.
- Current update testing showed Mercenary is 2 bursts (10 shots) headshots kill if fully upgraded.