- Not to be confused with the background or a different weapon with a similar name, the Meteorite Destroyer.
|“||No, it is not a shower gel. You look at an RPG shooting small meteors, ricocheting and eliminating the enemy hordes.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Meteor Shower (Weapon) is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.7.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time during the Christmas holidays in the Armory. It is also obtainable via the Trader's Van.
It's Space themed Heavy weapon that has , , , , and attributes that has green, black, brown, blue, gray and yellow colours in its appearance. It has high damage, medium fire rate, good capacity and medium mobility.
It has a similar appearance as the Napalm Cannon and the Lava Thrower. it appears to be a forest-colored green cannon with yellow and blue details. Unlike its sibling weapons, the Asteroid and Comet, which have shapes that complement their names, this weapon does not have any looks that make it resemble a meteor.
This weapon has a large ammunition cartridge at the bottom of the weapon, and a golden plated object on top, seemingly an iron sight. And two handles at the back, one of them having a light blue trigger.
This weapon has high damage. It shoots fireballs or small meteors that ricochet and bounce off the solid objects, and if they don't hit an enemy after some ricocheting time, they will lie on the ground and explode with dealing some damage and burn the opponent who touched the fireballs (because of the hidden attribute). If no enemies touched the weapon's projectiles, it will just explode. If the fireball directly hit an opponent, he'll get effect and he'll receive some damage.
After shooting 12 times, this weapon will reload. While reloading, the Meteor Shower's magazine is taken out of the weapon and then put back (probably charging with energy at the reload time). The reload animation is 4 seconds long.
This weapon doesn't have any delay animations and has high damage, so it can be used for the Three Category Spam.
It has very good damage, a medium fire rate, a good capacity, and a slow mobility. It is 2 shots when maxed out with burning.
- Since it has burning, use it to deal extra damage.
- In order to deal direct damage to someone, direct hits are needed. Along with its looping shot attribute, it makes this weapon very skill-based against players in long ranged maps or rocket jumpers.
- Use it on a group of enemies.
- Use it in medium or close range, because it has looping shot.
- It has a high capacity, so you don't have to reload often.
- This is a good weapon for setting traps as most people not know the projectiles are contact-detonated and just run right into stationary projectiles.
- Attack the user from long range.
- Strafe around so you don't get hit.
- Beware it has area damage, so stay away from stationary projectiles at all times.
- Attack the user when they're reloading.
- Bring any long ranged weapon with you, like its similar themed weapon, the Comet.
Ammunition capacity nerfed from 14 to 12.
- This weapon is based on meteor showers. Celestial phenomena that involve meteors radiating from a point in the sky. Although meteor showers are usually harmless, meteoroids that are large and fast enough to survive atmospheric entry can cause severe damage during collisions.
- It has an almost identical model of the Napalm Cannon, and the Lava Thrower.
- It has hidden attributes: Ricochet and Contact Detonator.
- This makes it one of the weapons with the most attributes. It has 6 attributes.
- This weapon fires similar projectiles that the Fireball Spell, Primal Beast, and Asteroid fires.
- According to its Gallery description, this weapon is an RPG that fires literal meteors, which mysteriously have the ability to Ricochet and not explode upon impact like real meteors.
- This weapon has one of the most, if not the most attributes out of any weapon in the game, having 6 in total.