The Pawn's Gun is a Backup weapon introduced in the 16.6.0 update. It can be obtained from the Chess Season Battle Pass.
The Pawn's Gun is a revolver looking backup weapon that shoots bullets. It's most commonly used in medium to long ranged fights. It has a decent fire rate, good capacity, and slow mobility. It is 3-4 shots.
It takes the appearance of a break-action revolver with a solid stock.
It features a light blue/yellow stock with a yellow buttplate. The main body of the gun features a black trigger, a white cylinder, a golden frame, a pawn piece as a hammer, and a short white barrel.
This weapon shoots regular bullets with instant bullet travel time. Its range is close to medium range. Moreover, the bullets of this weapon can slow down players.
When reloading, the player opens the cylinder, takes out the old bullets, puts new bullets instead and closes the cylinder. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use this as a backup weapon when your main weapon is out of ammo.
- Do not use this weapon during the entire length of the match, as you will have a high chance of not winning. Alternatively, use faster-killing weapons.
- Aim at the head to maximize damage.
- The fire rate of this weapon is somewhat fast. Use that to your advantage.
- The Slows Down Target attribute can benefit you if your aiming skills aren't the best when engaging mobile targets.
- Make sure to reload after every encounter due to its ammo capacity.
- Pick off the user at a long range.
- Use its low weight to your advantage in case you want to flee.
- Area damage and shotguns make quick work of users.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the damage from the weapon.
- Like most Backup weapons, being at farther ranges is effective for minimizing the chances of being hit.
- Flank around the user then use a melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
This weapon can be used as a general-purpose backup weapon for any player or playstyle.